Windows 10: Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device

Discus and support Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We have talked often about our focus on building a browser that is interoperable with the modern web, and we’re excited to see great results as Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device

Source: Building sites and web apps for every device (guest series for npm) | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Oct 15, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Did you know that Edge browser is effectively sandboxed?

There are a few security improvements to Edge, but the most significant one is that the new browser is a
    Universal Windows app. This fundamentally changes Edge so that all its management and content processes all run in “app container sandboxes”.
    So every Internet page that Microsoft Edge visits will be effectively rendered inside a sandbox.

Since there is no ActiveX support in Edge, the vulnerable Java Runtime Environment is not supported, so you won't be able to view the few remaining web sites that use Java.

Adobe Flash player is supported but this is under the control of Windows update - you don't need to be concerned about updating Flash.

Source acknowledged but unknown, more here:

Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

John582n, Oct 15, 2015
  3. IE 11 White screen

IE11 opens with white screen after clicking on " open with internet explorer " from win edge in win 10 on all web sites. If I add site to compatiability view list then they open ok. I should not have to add every web site to the cv list, such as "google,
    amazon, pandora, Microsoft, etc."

Terry Page 944, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device

1. Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Building

2. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  3. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  4. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.: I'm at a loss on this one. A friend asked me for help. He uses Edge. He claims he cleared his Edge browser cache and cookies and now when he goes on Facebook pictures people post can no longer be seen. Only a placeholder describing the photo in text. If you go to the...
  7. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  8. Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge: When I enter the username and password the log in won't go through. I don't get an error message that the login failed, it just goes back to the page as if the login didn't happen. This is happening for all the web sites I have tried. When I use Firefox I can log on just...
  9. Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge: Over the past year the Microsoft Edge team has been hard at work on a new browser engine that will be better than ever at correctly, quickly, and reliably rendering the Web. As a user, your favorite web sites will just work, and as a web developer, you will find that...
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...