Windows 10: Microsoft Edge changing search bar

Discus and support Microsoft Edge changing search bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kneehowguys, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines

Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then brings you to only two options - bing or youtube.

If you uninstall Microsoft edge or try it with a new computer where you haven't saved any search engines like google for the search bar, you'll see what I see

:)

kneehowguys, Mar 19, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Why is Bing forced upon me when I try to search on the web using the search bar? And why does the search bar use Edge instead of my default browser?

The Cortana search bar will use Bing and Edge exclusively, as you've learned, and there's no way to change that. Why is it that way? Because that's what Microsoft wants.

JimWynne, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Microsoft Edge changing search bar

Yes, those instructions are outdated.

You have to first visit the page of a search engine that supports OpenSearch, such as Google. Once you've been to a page that supports OpenSearch, then that search engine will appear in the list of available search engines.

Mystere, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge changing search bar

1. Microsoft Edge changing search bar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge changing

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  4. Looking for my search bar in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for my search bar in Edge: Is there a way to add or display a search bar next to the address bar in Microsoft Edge? I have looked but haven't found an answer. Help! :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-my-search-bar-in-edge/b7678238-4902-4041-86ff-68ecb16f14e0
  5. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding: Whenever i open microsoft edge,it shows not responding.Then,microsoft store and settings did the same thing like microsoft edge.But,Search bar kept loading for no reason.Can you guys help me on how to solve this problem?I can't even download it from Microsoft store....
  6. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  7. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  9. Larger font in Edge's search bar

in Browsers and Email
    Larger font in Edge's search bar: hi guys, is it just me or Edge now has a larger font when you search straight from the search bar? Not that i mind but just wanted to double check or are my eyes playing with me? [img] 120646
  10. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...