Windows 10: Microsoft Edge changing search bar

Discus and support Microsoft Edge changing search bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kneehowguys, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines

Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then brings you to only two options - bing or youtube.

If you uninstall Microsoft edge or try it with a new computer where you haven't saved any search engines like google for the search bar, you'll see what I see

:)

kneehowguys, Mar 19, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Why is Bing forced upon me when I try to search on the web using the search bar? And why does the search bar use Edge instead of my default browser?

The Cortana search bar will use Bing and Edge exclusively, as you've learned, and there's no way to change that. Why is it that way? Because that's what Microsoft wants.

JimWynne, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Microsoft Edge changing search bar

Yes, those instructions are outdated.

You have to first visit the page of a search engine that supports OpenSearch, such as Google. Once you've been to a page that supports OpenSearch, then that search engine will appear in the list of available search engines.

Mystere, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge changing search bar

1. Microsoft Edge changing search bar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge changing

2. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  3. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  4. Larger font in Edge's search bar

in Browsers and Email
    Larger font in Edge's search bar: hi guys, is it just me or Edge now has a larger font when you search straight from the search bar? Not that i mind but just wanted to double check or are my eyes playing with me? [img] 120646
  5. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  6. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  7. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  8. Unable to change Edge Search Engine

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to change Edge Search Engine: Settings/View Advanced Settings/Search in the address bar with/Change The only choice is Bing. I am unable to add another engine (Google). [img] I am the ONLY user. I just upgraded from W7. Any ideas? 55190
  9. microsoft edge and search box not working

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft edge and search box not working: All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the "Search the web and windows" then went to windows icon and do not see/get the apps What has happened? Tried to get to updates...
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: This way of setting the default search engine in Edge worked fine until yesterday. Now even though I have selected StartPage as my default search engine via: Settings Advanced settings (View Advanced Settings) search in the address bar with (change search engine) It no...