Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Today I was using my PC as usually with Microsoft Edge as my browser, I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever since the Creators update... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nirch123, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Nirch123 Win User

Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start

Hello, Today I was using my PC as usually with Microsoft Edge as my browser, I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever since the Creators update but today it suddenly changed by not letting me click on anything inside the browser itself (only text boxes inside pages and all of the buttons of the browser are working, but not clicking inside the web pages themselves). It happened suddenly without me changing anything in the browser before. I've already tried to reset and re-install Edge (including deleting it's files first), But that didn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Note: On startup (before all of the programs open), The clicking seems to work and then It stops.

:)

Nirch123, Jun 26, 2017

2. windows 10 backup

hi my windows 10 stopped working and for some reason I cant access my start page or the Microsoft edge page nothing happens when I click on Microsoft edge and when I hit the start tab it says theres a critical error this only happened after I installed windows
    10 I have downloaded a copy of it on an dvd but how do I go about using the dvd to download it on to my computer?

davidalleny2k, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge

Microsoft edge does not work after windows 10 insider preview 17046 update. It opens but states the following:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: Amazon
    • Search for "Amazon" on Bing
    • Refresh the page
    Details

If I click on the link it repeats the same message. My other browser works fine. Can you please get my Edge back?

Daniel Anquetil, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Nirch123 Win User

Update: when signing out and back in, the browser works normally until everything launches back up. I have a feeling it's a program of some sort that causes it to malfunction but I'm not sure.

Nirch123, Jun 26, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Use the clean boot process to figure out which program is causing Edge to misbehave. Follow the tutorial below, it shows you how to stop all programs loading and then if that allows Edge to work correctly you can then start putting the programs back in one by one to see which one causes the problem.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

philc43, Jun 26, 2017
  6. Nirch123 Win User
    Thank you for the reply, seems as it is the problem but i just cannot identify which program or service cause the issue.

Nirch123, Jun 26, 2017
  7. Nirch123 Win User
    O.K! I've found something, For some reason "Steam Client Service" is causing the issue (?!), How could it even affect Edge's functionality on startup? After startup (Edge is working normally now), Steam asks to install the service so it could work. When I install the service it doesn't affect Edge and both programs seem to work fine. Anyone knows anything about this?

Nirch123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Clicking

2. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  3. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  4. Windows 10 Start Icon Right-Click stops working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Icon Right-Click stops working: After installing the Feature Update to Windows 10 version 20H2 on Sunday December 13th, mouse right-click on the Start-menu Icon for the Context-menu no longer works. It's mute. The mouse left-click works as before. And now also, hovering on the Start-menu Icon renders it...
  5. right click stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  6. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  7. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right-click has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click has stopped working: I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run...
  10. Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge How to Customize your Start Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...