Windows 10: Microsoft Edge : Control-U

Discus and support Microsoft Edge : Control-U in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to underline on a website in Microsoft Edge and I pressed Control-U, which pulled up some panel (I have pressed Control-U... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TRheault, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TRheault Win User

Microsoft Edge : Control-U

Hello,

I was trying to underline on a website in Microsoft Edge and I pressed Control-U, which pulled up some panel (I have pressed Control-U several more times since then - it appears to pull up some sort of panel at the bottom of the screen), and it gave me an "UNDO" button (which I did not click).

Have I messed something up in Windows 10 and/or Microsoft Edge?

Thanks!

:)

TRheault, Nov 2, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge interactive controls

These various improvement are required:

1. Page Up and Page Down do not work correctly on some sites, e.g., load a page that produces a scroll bar on the right. Page down does not always keep scrolling, and at that point neither page up or page down do anything.

2. Similar to point #1 the Home and End key do not scroll always the page to the top or bottom.

3. Pressing Ctrl-select on a web link will open a new tab, but sometime that new tab will be the next tab to the right and sometimes at the right of all other tabs. Inconsistent behaviour.

4. Edge seems more sensitive to two-finger scrolling than other programs and often treats it an open pinch and increases the view for the page. Have to press Ctrl-minus to shrink the page. Sometime a pinch of the trackpad does not work.

Chris.E.Chambers, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Does Microsoft Edge Use Internet Options Settings?

Hi Anil,

You did not answer Tama's question.

Does Microsoft Edge use Internet Options in the control panel to control any settings in Microsoft Edge? (Or to quote Tama; "I would like to know if Microsoft Edge obeys the settings in Internet Options."

Thanks

DonaldRoehrig, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I tried what I think you mean and first off, you can't underline anything on a Web page, it's not editable unless you download/save the page to your computer and open it in an HTML editing program, even Notepad can open and edit an .htm/.html file. Secondly, I get that same source code panel, quite normal when wanting to see the underlying code used to create the page.

Berton, Nov 2, 2016
  5. TRheault Win User
    Thanks Berton - much appreciated!

TRheault, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    No, like F12 (or right-click in a web page and select 'inspect element') Ctrl-U opens the DOM Explorer, a tool mainly intended for website developers...

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u.../dom-explorer/

Bree, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    You're welcome.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge : Control-U - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Control

2. U

in Windows 10 Gaming
    U: the card says you should put the flash stick in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/u%E7%9B%98%E6%98%BE%E7%A4%BA%E8%AF%B7%E5%B0%86/c5cbab7b-d3b9-429f-a659-1f745de469e0
  3. U

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    U: the card says you should put the flash stick in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/u%E7%9B%98%E6%98%BE%E7%A4%BA%E8%AF%B7%E5%B0%86/c5cbab7b-d3b9-429f-a659-1f745de469e0
  4. U

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel: hi,i have only one ms edge installed but in the control panel, there are two icons for Microsoft edge. is this a virus or because of windows corruption.plz help.thanks....
  6. there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel: hi,i have only one ms edge installed but in the control panel, there are two icons for Microsoft edge. is this a virus or because of windows corruption.plz help.thanks....
  7. Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/di9zkg/improving_form_controls_in_microsoft_edge_and/
  8. Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium: Since we began work on the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, we’ve been investigating ways to modernize form controls to provide a modern appearance as well as the touch friendliness and accessibility that our users expect from Microsoft Edge today. Over the...
  9. How u feel when u port of microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    How u feel when u port of microsoft: Just say ur feeling when u work on Windows Play on ur pc with xbox live Doing things in ur phone and back to ur laptop to see it What ull say if u asked about microsoft / Windows ?...
  10. MIcrosoft U R NEXT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIcrosoft U R NEXT: January 2019 Update sucks! On my desktop, since installing the Jan 2019 Updates, I have had huge problems, problems that repeated calls to Microsoft updates tech support have not resolved. In fact, I was escalated twice to Level 2 and once to Level 3, who ignored the...