Windows 10: Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

Discus and support Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; UPDATE: We had further issues for this, Norton caused a ruckus with Edge, after removing this however, Edge started working fully functional. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hayden93, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Hayden93 Win User

Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

UPDATE:
    We had further issues for this, Norton caused a ruckus with Edge, after removing this however, Edge started working fully functional.

Hayden93, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Hayden93 Win User

Hello all,
    I have here a laptop that is not working with Edge, however other browsers are usable.
    Upon opening Edge it will stop working, due to this the menu is unusable for settings. I have already taken steps to rectify this issue, though, it has not worked. The steps that I have taken are:
    1. Delete the package in App data, and reloaded it with PowerShell
    2. Make a new user and test the program, Issue happens with the alternate user.
    3. Reset the program in apps.
    4. Repaired the program in apps.
    --
    Any help is appreciated, TIA
    -Hayden

:)

Hayden93, Apr 16, 2018
  3. VCrakeV Win User
    Microsoft Edge Streaming

Ran the troubleshooter. IE works, but Edge still crashes upon launch.

VCrakeV, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

Cannot connect to anything that requires a Microsoft Account

The topic about Edge seemed to fix my account errors. Still encountering crashes upon waking from sleep though.

thurston_bflo, Apr 16, 2018
  5. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 18, 2018
  6. Hayden93 Win User
    Hayden93, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

1. Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge crashing

2. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  3. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  4. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  5. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  6. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Filmforth keeps crashing upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filmforth keeps crashing upon opening: Anyone else experiencing this since the newer Windows 10 updates? I installed Film forth. And every time I open the app to use it, it immediately crashes...
  8. My outlook crashes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My outlook crashes upon opening.: My outlook crashes upon opening. Reason: DYLD, [0X1] Library missing. It's a mid '15Mac pro running Catalina 10.5.7 and the latest 365. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-crashes-upon-opening/4b094243-622b-4047-92a1-62592b33fd5d
  9. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...
  10. All browsers crash upon opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers crash upon opening.: All my browsers except edge crash as soon as I try opening them. I have no error messages as it just closes immediately. I have already tried the troubleshoot compatibility tool. submitted by /u/TEK012 [link] [comments]...