Windows 10: Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired..."

Discus and support Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired..." in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I eagerly upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on July 29 the moment I got the upgrade link. But to my horror Edge is not working, WiFi... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mkchatz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. mkchatz Win User

Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired..."

I eagerly upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on July 29 the moment I got the upgrade link.
    But to my horror Edge is not working, WiFi drivers aren't working, nVidia Graphic drivers are corrupted. Somehow managed to install the other drivers but Edge is not working.

"This app can't be opened. The trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Windows Store to purchase the full app."
    The link to Windows Store for Microsoft Edge is also broken I guess. (attached screenshots)
    The upgrade from Windows 8.1 was supposed to be smooth and clean right that too was very tiresome with multiple crashes and upgraded BSOD-Blue Screen of Death with a customized message instead of the usual error codes.
    Can anyone please find a fix for these at the earliest.

:)

mkchatz, Aug 1, 2015

2. Updated Windows10 store not opening

I updated my windows7 to windows10 yesterday and i am not able to open the windows store or any other apps from the store like the Microsoft Edge, Maps, etc. When ever I try to open the store it suddenly flashes the page and closes. For a app it says "This
    app cant open"-"your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the store to purchase the full app". Going to the store the respond is as said above. Please help.

JibuGeorge, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Trial Error for Windows 10

After installing Windows 10 from 8.1 at the provided installation box, I have logged on and have not been able to access the settings or the base start screen before you get to the Desktop. I can't even open Microsoft Edge due to "Your trial period for
    this app has expired." I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point.

JohnSkinnerTM, Aug 1, 2015
  4. mkchatz Win User

It is automatically activated. Carried forward my previous Windows 8.1 Activation code and perhaps it created a new code.

mkchatz, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ANPAV Win User
    From another site, this worked for me, but YMMV...

***YOU MUST HAVE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL SERVICE RUNNING FOR THIS TO WORK***

1. Find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
    3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
    5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click the Start button -> Click Run
    2. Type Services.msc and press Enter
    3. Scroll down to find Windows Firewall
    4. Right-click then click Properties
    5. Under Startup Type dropdown -> Select Manual. Click Apply
    6. In the top left portion of the Services Window, Click Start this service.
    7. Now follow the steps in the first section, and it should work.

These steps worked for me. They have no guarantee to work for you.

ANPAV, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Beruda Win User
    I just tried this and it worked. I had to enable windows firewall first. I am now able to open edge and use it, hopefully the browser and everything else will continue to work.
    Thank you

Beruda, Aug 13, 2015
  7. ggood82 Win User
    Worked like a charm on my Surface pro 3 , thanks

ggood82, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired..." - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge fails

2. MS Project Free Trial Period

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Project Free Trial Period: Hi,I just registered with Project Plan 1. I received an invoice which said I will be charged in two days.Don't I have a one month free trial period?Thank you.Enrique *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open: I can't open basically all my games. Forza Horizon 3 & 4, your trial period has expired. This has happened once before, I own the game, last time the error 'Check the Store for more info about Forza Horizon 3.' and 'Get help with this' that just opens the Microsoft Store and...
  4. Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open: I can't open basically all my games. Forza Horizon 3 & 4, your trial period has expired. This has happened once before, I own the game, last time the error 'Check the Store for more info about Forza Horizon 3.' and 'Get help with this' that just opens the Microsoft Store and...
  5. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?: Just for curiosity's sake. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired? is it some cookie? Any help much welcome 151886
  6. Windows 10 Trial Period

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Trial Period: How long or how many days can i use windows 10 pro without activation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-trial-period/a71ce68c-6eae-4b07-86d3-81a23a19efed"
  7. The Office trial expired, what??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The Office trial expired, what??: I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing. About a week ego, the system had been restored...
  8. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...
  9. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!: As I had a spare copy of Win 7 (upgrade version) I decided to configure a new Hard Drive (Which I have on swappable pull out trays) So to make sure there were no bugs or glitches, this is what I did. (1) Formatted the Drive (2) Clean Install of Win XP (3) Clean...
  10. Microsoft edge expired?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge expired?: When i click to go on Microsoft Edge it an error comes up and says something like the trial version of this app is expired, please download it on the app store. The thing is it isn't on the app store and the app store is buggy asf for me aswell as it doesn't let me download...