Windows 10: Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need support assistance over issues caused by the latest Windows 10 update. I no longer have any ability to open videos, from Adobe Flash to You Tube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joshua D.Hay, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as...

I need support assistance over issues caused by the latest Windows 10 update. I no longer have any ability to open videos, from Adobe Flash to You Tube videos and Twitter videos embedded in articles from the Microsoft Edge browser. Amazingly, Microsoft Internet Explorer fails to open video now, as well. If it's helpful, along with MS Edge and IE losing the ability to play videos, Microsoft Movies and TV no longer works, and refuses to open like the videos in the browsers. I've already invested upwards of 20 hours of my time since the Windows update on July 11, 2018 caused this problem, and I no longer believe I have the ability to restore the system. By the way, along with resetting both Microsoft Edge and Movies & TV using the Apps & Features advanced settings functionality (twice now), my early attempt to restore my system to July 5, 2018 that appeared as an option for the first of two available restore dates failed just as the reset attempts have. The July 5 date & file was removed by the system when the restore attempt failed and indicated it changed nothing from the settings in place after the July 11 update.

:)

Joshua D.Hay, Jul 17, 2018

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 17, 2018
  3. what is the microsoft edge content process and is it ok to disable it

Hi Romip,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would recommend you not to disable the Microsoft Edge content process as its required for the functioning of the Microsoft Edge.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

Make sure your computer is up to date:

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.
    You may receive updates related to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as...

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as...

1. Microsoft Edge failure after Windows 10 latest update. Movies and Video is disabled as... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge failure

2. Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!: I just updated Microsoft Edge latest version today and Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8aFaKrl5o...
  3. Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!: I just updated Microsoft Edge latest version today and Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8aFaKrl5o...
  4. Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge Browser and the Movies - getting only sound, no video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge Browser and the Movies - getting only sound, no video: Hi, I started using Edge Browser, but I am not able to watch videos in Facebook: I hear the voice, but do not see any image, just a black screen. YouTube videos work in Edge! Everything also works in Internet Explorer. 1 Use Adobe Flash Player is On. 2 “Use software...
  6. Windows 10 is crashing with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure after latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is crashing with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure after latest update: A new bug in a recent Windows 10 update or a driver update pushed out via Windows Update is crashing some devices with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure. The Blue Screen of Death error message is “System Thread Exception Not Handled” and it prevents the system from booting to the...
  7. Windows 10 activation failure after updating latest edition of windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation failure after updating latest edition of windows 10: After updating Windows 10 with latest edition, Activation doesn't work. [ATTACH] Above image is the problem showing in the activation windows. I followed Troubleshoot. Then following window came which confirmed genuine license availability. I followedupgrade your edition...
  8. Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Win 10 Update = Microsoft game failures: Immediately following the latest Win 10 update, I'm unable to activate/play (offline) several Microsoft store games I regularly play daily. Three, in particular, are affected. They begin to boot up and then simply flash out. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. Cleaned out my...
  9. Windows 10 failure to start after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failure to start after latest update.: Following update last Tuesday Toshiba laptop fires up but only to scene. It will not progress to password block and if I click in an endeavour to 'invite' password block screen goes black with a white cursor and after a while scene reappears. Any help would be most...
  10. Problems with Edge after latest update?

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Edge after latest update?: Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start playing nice. Anyone else having this issue? 31513