Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons How to Show Icons Only or Names and Icons on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sumit Dhiman, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

How to: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

How to Show Icons Only or Names and Icons on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The favorites bar is a toolbar in Microsoft Edge that you can favorites bar turned on in Microsoft Edge, you can choose to have it only show the favicons only instead of the default names and icons.

This tutorial will show you how to 'show icon only' or 'show name and icon' for items on the favorites bar in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While in Microsoft Edge, do step 2 (name and icon) or step 3 (icon only) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Name and Icon of a Favorite on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Right click or press and hold on a favorite showing only an icon on the favorites bar, and click/tap on Show name and icon. (see screenshot below)

Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons [​IMG]

3. To Show Icon Only of Favorite on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge
    A) Right click or press and hold on a favorite showing a name and icon on the favorites bar, and click/tap on Show icon only. (see screenshot below)

[/INDENT]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Feb 19, 2016
  2. SIV
    Siv Win User

Edge and Favorites Bar

Currently the option to customize the favorites names to icons under favorites bar isn't available. I recommend you to submit a feedback by clicking send feedback option.

I am seeing that you cannot iconize the Favorites Bar but what I did then was to bring up the favorites bar folder, right click each name & shorten it to 1 or 2 letters. I did try to just delete the name but it won't let me have a blank name. In any case,
    I can now see all the items on the bar from A-Z.

Where is the Favourites bar folder for Edge?

3. Morgayne Win User
    Edge and Favorites Bar

Currently the option to customize the favorites names to icons under favorites bar isn't available. I recommend you to submit a feedback by clicking send feedback option.

I am seeing that you cannot iconize the Favorites Bar but what I did then was to bring up the favorites bar folder, right click each name & shorten it to 1 or 2 letters. I did try to just delete the name but it won't let me have a blank name. In any case,
    I can now see all the items on the bar from A-Z.

Morgayne, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

You know I can't help myself Shawn!
    It's a registry hack*Biggrin

Sometimes things, are already built in, just hidden, soooo.....
    I tried it on 10586.104, but it didn't do anything at all(for good or bad), so I deleted it after the screenshot and test.

I just posted this in case anyone else was thinking of trying, don't waste your time(all 45 seconds).

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Cliff,

It's all good fun though. *Wink

Brink, Feb 19, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I got a back-up, I gotta try!

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  7. I have almost completely switched to MS Edge 13. I find it fast and easy to use.
    One thing I did establish was for me, is NOT to import Favourites from any other browsers, but to rather re-create the ones you really want to use. use the opportunity to clean out the old stuff

Not too much of a problem, export the favourites to a file and work through the favourites one by one.

I am convinced, that problems with other browsers and sites are carried over into Edge if you simply import favourites.

I can't prove it or disprove it, it is just a feeling based on previous imports into Edge.

I do have a problem though. "Right clicking on the favourites bar" does nothing.

The "FaviconOnlyOnFavBar DWORD" is not set at all in the registry, it has to be created to get the favourites bar to show. Why this is I do not know. I have not yet done this as I am quite happy to access favourites from the RHS drop down menu at this stage.

I presume one has to therefore follow the registry change options at least once before a simple click on the favourites bar will be possible.

Geoff Daniell, Feb 21, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  9. Thanks for the confirmation. What would happen if I was to add the registry entry to the 1511 build?

Geoff Daniell, Feb 21, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It won't hurt anything, but it will also not work.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Favorites

2. Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas": How do I remove the "Travel Ideas" Favorites Icon from Win11 Edge?? Right-click shows a menu with "Remove" as a choice but the icon is never removed. The icon is a link to a Microsoft travel site.All other Favorites Icons behave themselves....
  3. Icons Not Showing only file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...
  4. size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  5. Favorite icons in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorite icons in Edge: I like the way that the list of internet favourites arranges itself in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge. Since the latest upgrade, 10586.3, some of the icons have started to grow. Pc World and Screwfix have grown to ten times their original size, and I have restored them...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  8. How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?: I have all my Favorites from IE 11 and Chrome in the Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, but it shows the icons and titles with them, how do I get only the icons to show ?, would save a lot of space in the Favorites bar. 11963
  9. Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar: Maxthon Browser doesn't seem to let you have icons only on the Favorites Bar. Here's a little workaround: Add a site to the Favorites Bar but don't edit the title, (yet) [img] [img] Once it's pinned, right click on it and choose Edit [img] then give it a...
  10. Edge Favorites Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Icons: In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ? 27520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to maintain showing icon only on edge

2. edge show icons only

3. edge icons only

4. microsoft edge icons not appearing in favorites,
  5. favorites bar show icon only,
  6. edge bookmark bar icon,
  7. edge favorites bar icons only,
  8. edge favorites bar icon only reverts,
  9. microsoft edge favorites icons only,
  10. show icons only edge,
  11. microsoft edge show icons only in favorites bar,