Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mongands, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mongands Win User

Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or has my default location somehow been changed? My AppData folder shows a creation date of 11/17/15 with no modifications being made in favorites since that date.

:)

mongands, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Mike16235 Win User

Importing favorites from Internet Explorer to Edge misses many of them

Imported my IE favorites into Edge, and Edge reported that it was successful.

But now there appear to be two problems:

1. I compare the Edge Favorites folder (...\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites) with the Internet Explorer Favorites folder, and find that 5 out of 89 folders are missing in Edge, and 34 of 65 Internet
    Shortcuts that were not in folders. If I open some of the folders in the Edge Favorites folder, I find that many of them are missing sub-folders and some of the Internet Shortcuts.

2. When I click the Favorites icon in Edge, only about half of the favorites and favorite folders that made it into the Edge Favorites folder show up (yes, I scrolled down). I have the favorites sorted by name, and it only gets down to "H" for the favorites
    and "K" for the folders.

What is the fix?

Mike16235, Dec 15, 2015
  3. RicardoHp Win User
    Windows 10: How to sync IE Favorites with Edge?

From a technical point of view, Microsoft Edge still uses its own database at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\spartan.edb to use and manage its favorites
    and IE still uses the URL-files in the favorites-folder, which may also be redirected on a network-share. But, with the policy enabled, these favorites just stay in sync through Edge:

When you add a favorite in Edge, it is added in the favorites-folder of IE too.

When you add a favorite in Internet Explorer while Edge is not running, the database from Edge is not updated, as this is done when Edge is running.

When you add a favorite in Internet Explorer while Edge is currently running, the favorite will appear in Edge too.

RicardoHp, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mongands, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Microsoft Edge Favorites - Backup and Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft Edge Favorites - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge [​IMG]
    Note Starting in in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565 and Windows 10 TH2 version 10511 build 10568, your favorites and favorites bar in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file in the DataStore folder at the location below.

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore[/quote]

Brink, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Favorites

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  6. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  7. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  8. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  9. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  10. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...