Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello: Recently Microsoft Edge takes nearly 30 seconds to load the Google.ca page, whereas Firefox loads the same page in less than one second. This... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GLee, Sep 27, 2017.

1. GLee Win User

Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google

Hello:

Recently Microsoft Edge takes nearly 30 seconds to load the Google.ca page, whereas Firefox loads the same page in less than one second. This is happening on 2 workstations and one tablet in my household and there is a mixture of Ethernet and Wifi connections, but it happens on all three machines. Microsoft Edge is also slow to display Google search results as well, and general internet surfing.

It seems to have gotten worse recently. Can anyone please assist, or does anyone know what is going on, other than Microsoft Edge simply sucking? I also know that it isn't the fault of my internet connection. Please see the image below.

Thanks,

Grayson

Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google [​IMG]

:)

2. Chrome not working. Pages will load on Edge.

Why can I only load webpages on Microsoft edge and not my preferred browser Google Chrome?

Original title: microsoft edge

Terese Cosgrave, Sep 27, 2017
  3. hmm, we can't reach this page

I have been using Microsoft edge, and it has been working fine for over a year. But the other day, for no reason, certain webpages will not load and the ones that do are slow and some of the pictures don't download. For instance, facebook and google
    will load but amazon and the Microsoft sites will not. This is an issue for all browsers (explorer, chrome). I've tried to google some of the potential solutions and have made the network private and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but nothing has
    worked. Is there a way to fix this issue?

TimAlbrecht, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google

What happens if you just search from Address bar. You may need to set default search engine to Google to do this. Open Google page and then enter Edge settings, it will discovery Google and allow you to set as default search.

Love the speed. You must be on Gigabit package. I just went for 150 Meg, get 180 and pay less than I did on 100Meg. Not sure why Rogers makes us fight them.

No comment on Edge, I use Chrome.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2017
  5. GLee Win User
    Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. I'm not on Gigabit yet; it's already across the street at my neighbour, but not on my side until November.

Google is already set as the default search engine. Even when searching from the address bar, Microsoft Edge is still very slow to render results or surf.

6. Well no point in paying for it if they are going to give you +300.

Well I have no proof but I guess if you wanted people to use Bing you could craft a little code to choke it.

Does it behave the same when you use "InPrivate" mode.

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2017
  7. torre Win User
    What is your default search engine for Edge ? If not Google, may change if that is your desire.

Also, do you have any Edge extensions that could effect the performance ? May disable to see if any difference.

torre, Sep 28, 2017
  8. GLee Win User

The default search engine for Edge is Google. How do I check for the extensions?

9. torre Win User
    torre, Sep 28, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Default search engine doesn't affect this. I have Bing as default and Google opens momentarily.

torre above gave some good advice.

AndreTen, Sep 28, 2017
  11. GLee Win User
    Hi Torre:

I have reset Edge and performed scans using Malwarebytes. Nothing came up.

Is there anything else I should look into?

Thanks,

Grayson

12. AndreTen Win User
    If this problem persist, you could try to change DNS servers in router, or on your PC first. Open Network and sharing center (in Control panel)
    and in your network card properties select IPv4 settings. Put there 8.8.8.8 for start (Google DNS)

Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google [​IMG]

AndreTen, Sep 29, 2017
  13. torre Win User

I am out of ideas. Try Andre's rec above. Perhaps the Win10 update on 17 Oct will rectify the issue.

torre, Sep 30, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    My suggestion (to change DNS) is there just to eliminate ISP problems...

AndreTen, Sep 30, 2017
  15. GLee Win User
    Hi. I checked and yes my preferred DNS server was set to Google 8.8.8.8, and alternate DNS server was set to 8.8.4.4.

However, the issue was only with Microsoft Edge and not Firefox or Chrome.

Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Has Difficulty Loading Google - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Has

2. Google Chrome has the exact same UI as Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome has the exact same UI as Microsoft Edge: Not much to explain besides the title. Opened chrome, and now it looks exactly like Microsoft Edge does. Is this something about Chrome, which I don't think it is, or about Windows? Tried changing default browser, and it appears as Chrome, opens as Chrome, yet looks exactly...
  3. Google Chrome has the exact same UI as Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome has the exact same UI as Microsoft Edge: Not much to explain besides the title. Opened chrome, and now it looks exactly like Microsoft Edge does. Is this something about Chrome, which I don't think it is, or about Windows? Tried changing default browser, and it appears as Chrome, opens as Chrome, yet looks exactly...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  5. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  6. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. The current version may have been compromised. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the...
  8. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the bookmarks. If someone has had this problem here, I hope...
  9. Microsoft Edge not loading content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge not loading content: When I try use this search engine, I try to access Turnitin through my University of Melbourne home page, it does not load the link, the page, nothing at all, however, when I use Google chrome on a different laptop (one that allows me to use chrome) it loads perfectly. Why is...
  10. Hotmail/Outlook - loading difficulties

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail/Outlook - loading difficulties: Why does Hotmail/Outlook have such difficulty (very, very slow and often failing to open at all) loading in Windows 10 - especially as Gmail is fine (very quick to open and never fails)?? 47844