Windows 10: Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab

Discus and support Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I noticed that my most visited websites (when you left click the search / URL tab in Edge) doesn't show up anymore. I also noticed a strange... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Faith, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Faith Win User

Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab

Hello. I noticed that my most visited websites (when you left click the search / URL tab in Edge) doesn't show up anymore. I also noticed a strange behavior most likely related to this: the CPU usage went up 40% when I clicked on it and when I visit new websites. It only lasts for 5-7 Seconds and then it goes down to normal usage (1-5%). This issue randomly appeared and without an update through WU. I can also see this problem on my laptop so it's not an exclusive issue on this computer. Have anyone else seen this? I'm on the latest Windows 10 version (non-insider build).

:)

Faith, Oct 16, 2016
  2. Zdzich Win User

Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage

I am facing the same situation with high CPU usage in Microsoft Edge when using outlook.office.com website (Office 365 web app). For me especially
    irritating is situation when I click to reply to an e-mail message. This causes a few (or sometimes even
    over a dozen) seconds of delay while loading the content of the message I am replying to. Also when I copy some text and then I paste it into e-mail message draft I have to wait few seconds to see the effect.

Similar problem with Microsoft Edge performance (other website on a laptop with Intel processor) is mentioned here (but also with no answer):

Microsoft Edge - High CPU Usage

I have desktop PC with AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7 and 16GB RAM using Windows 10.0.14393.105 (with Anniversary Update). What I have narrow down is that in Process Explorer on MicrosoftEdge.exe properties window (Threads tab) the highest CPU usage is generated
    by eMode.dll thread. But what else can I do with it?

Zdzich, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Excessive CPU usage by IE 11

You mention high memory usage, how high? Then you mention CPU usage at below 7%, could you please explain in more detail.?

A screenshot of your Task Manager, showing the Memory & CPU usage when running several IE tabs (as in image below, with Memory selected) , would be helpful?

Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab [​IMG]

Shilohbob, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Faith Win User

No one? Two major updates later and no fix or solutions? I've seen this behavior now on all PC's that I own and my friends own. Maybe it is an issue per region? I dunno, but this is an odd one to figure out. Just clicking at address bar at the top doesn't bring down my recently visited websites, and the CPU usage goes up when it happens.

Faith, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Faith Win User
    The issue is now resolved. It did so on its own. It had something to do with region based Bing search engine that locked up, which happened when I clicked the search/URL bar in Edge.

Faith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge High CPU Usage when Clicking the Search & URL Tab - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge High

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. Microsoft search index, protect & filter high CPU usage when Dropbox is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft search index, protect & filter high CPU usage when Dropbox is connected: Hi all, I have a new laptop and synched the Dropbox desktop app smart sync. I have many files in my Dropbox and the indexing took forever at 100% CPU at some point. Everytime Dropbox now synchronizes new files even if just very few, but also after it has been fully updated...
  4. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  5. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  6. microsft edge high cpu usage and high power

microsft edge high cpu usage and high power: so when I use Microsoft edge it goes to high power and high cpu usage up to like 60% even sometimes 70% is there something I can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-edge-high-cpu-usage-and-high-power/f53dcaa8-8a51-4efc-8de6-02e83285284f
  7. microsoft edge high cpu usage

microsoft edge high cpu usage: ok when I open Microsoft edge and when im doing simple task the cpu usage goes high so can anybody help me fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-high-cpu-usage/76783c6f-8e1f-464d-a54d-8b25f14db765
  8. COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser

COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser: Encountered the high CPU usage issue with COM Surrogate but unlike previous solutions posted on here a few years ago and on other sites there's no video file dllhost.exe seems to be constantly trying to access, when I look at dllhost.exe in Process Explorer under the file...
  9. HIGH POWER USAGE WITH MICROSOFT EDGE

HIGH POWER USAGE WITH MICROSOFT EDGE: Why is my Microsoft Edge using so much power? My CPU fan is going nuts! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-power-usage-with-microsoft-edge/3c96abf8-257d-47ee-a5bd-c0261f2a319f
  10. High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run"

High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run": Hi: My laptop (Dell Precision 7520, Win10 Pro) was just brought to a grinding halt by MS Click-to-Run. Something called Superfetch or Supercache was also pigging out - just caught a glimpse of it. It completely locked me out, couldn't even force a quit or restart with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high cpu usage on microsoft edge