Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by McMeevin, Aug 25, 2015.

1. McMeevin Win User

Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

Hi All

My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and Microsoft Edge, seem to dissalow the attachments of items within an e-mail.

When I open an e-mail, click on attach, browse to items TO attach and then click "attach" it returns to the e-mail that is open.

I remember the exact same thing occuring in chrome, but after the installation of silverlight, it seems to have remedied the issue. I have made sure silverlight is installed/fully updated on clients machines, but this issue still occurs.

I am currently using OWA version 14.3.235.1

In the meantime I am using firefox which allows the attachments.

:)

McMeevin, Aug 25, 2015
  2. AnnM@ Win User

Windows 10/Edge - Outlook App question

So we are all having the same problem, attaching documents does not work in Outlook Web App when using Edge (Microsoft documents or any others), and now there is a new twist: Recently when clicking the 'attach' button (to see what would happen), the dialog
    that comes up suggests that Silverlight should be installed to facilitate the attachment process. Alas, Silverlight is not supported in Edge. Huh? How is it that this dialog appeared just now, when Silverlight isn't being used? This doesn't make any sense
    at all.

When is Microsoft going to see to that Outlook Web App is working in Edge? Or are we all not supposed to use that browser?? Unfortunately, going back to Internet Explorer doesn't help, since Outlook Web App doesn't even work properly in IE11 after upgrading
    to Windows 10. This is really ironic, to say the least.

In some ways I sort of like Edge. However, to do any important work for now I will have to use Firefox. Sorry Microsoft, Firefox is the only browser that is really working! :-(

AnnM@, Aug 25, 2015
  3. My Outlook Phonebook's Appearance has Automatically Changed for the Worse. How do I change it back?

If that's the case, for us to determine which Outlook app are you using, how do you access it? Do you access it through a web browser, like Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge? Or you just open it through clicking the Outlook icon on the desktop screen?

We're looking forward to your response.

Marque Lor, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

1. Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Incompatibility

2. [Outlook Web App] Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Outlook Web App] Windows 10: submitted by /u/MountainBlitz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg6mme/outlook_web_app_windows_10/
  3. Outlook app sends me to Web outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook app sends me to Web outlook.: I was charged $79 for something, I thought it might be a office subscription, which I don`t have, i have xbox. I bought Word, Excel and Outlook stand alone. While I had Excel open I tried checking, ended up getting a update. I see my outlook icon on the task bar is gone....
  4. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge: Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and a passwordless experience on the web. With Web Authentication, Microsoft Edge users can sign in with their face,...
  5. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  6. Welcoming Progressive Web Apps to Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Welcoming Progressive Web Apps to Microsoft Edge and Windows 10: A little over a year ago, we outlined our vision to bring Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) to the more than half a billion devices running Windows 10. We believe PWAs are key to the web’s future, and couldn’t be more excited about their potential to enable more immersive web app...
  7. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  8. Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: Building sites and web apps for every device: We have talked often about our focus on building a browser that is interoperable with the modern web, and we’re excited to see great results as Windows 10 rolls out – now used on over 110 million devices. An interoperable web also depends on developers, so npm recently...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...
  10. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook web app imcompatible edge

2. incompatability between microsoft 365 outlook and microsoft edge email?

3. web app incompatibility

4. oultook web app edge problem