Windows 10: Microsoft edge inspect element not working

Discus and support Microsoft edge inspect element not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey there, I try to inspect element and the result is a browser that doesn't know how to get me that info. Same goes for view source. check:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Max Pen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Max Pen Win User

Microsoft edge inspect element not working

Hey there,

I try to inspect element and the result is a browser that doesn't know how to get me that info.

Same goes for view source.

check:

Screen capture - 7abef097a4cdefd800e71776e38d6317 - Gyazo

Just gonna keep using Google Chrome as I've done for years. Never let me down. Unless you guys seen this issue before with other users?

I upgraded to windows 10 today and this seems to be the only issue so far I couldn't solve on my own.

:)

Max Pen, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Pavan_N Win User

inspect element

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. How are you accessing your mail Mail app or Outlook App or Outlook.com?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

If you are using Internet explorer. Inspect Element is normally invoked by pressing f12 key.

Refer the link below and check if that helps.

Disable inspect element in Windows 10

Also provide us screenshot of the issue to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Can I turn off F12 developer tools in Microsoft Edge browser? Plus, Edge won't open sometimes.

For the past week, every time I click with my mouse (using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11), I see a drop down menu to the lower right of my curser instead of what I'm trying to click on. I guess these are F12 developer tools that I don't need. They
    state things like:

Inspect Element

-or-

select all

print

_________

inspect element

view source

-or-

open in new tab

open in new window

save target as

copy link

share picture as

share picture

copy picture

_________

select all

copy

________

inspect element

view source

-or-

select all

print

_________

inspect element

view source

I don't need to see any of this crazy stuff, nor do I want it. I normally use Microsoft Edge as my browser, but for the last few days, can't even open it for use. What is going on!? I've tried all the options listed on this site to rid myself of the developer
    issues, such as "press Windows Key + R to open the run window and type in inetcpl.cpl, OK, then Advanced Tab and click Reset," plus Sign Out and back In, Reset account, etc. None of it works for me. Is there a way to delete Microsoft Edge and re-download it?
    Would that even help? Help! Thank you.

PS I haven't changed or downloaded anything new or different on my PC lately.

Laurel_Eden, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft edge inspect element not working

1. Microsoft edge inspect element not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge inspect

2. I can't use inspect element.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use inspect element.: I can't use inspect element. i right click and press on inspect but nothing pops up. I also used the three dots in the right hand corner went more tools and then developer tools and it didn't work nothing comes up. How do you fix it?...
  3. I can't use inspect element.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use inspect element.: I can't use inspect element. i right click and press on inspect but nothing pops up. I also used the three dots in the right hand corner went more tools and then developer tools and it didn't work nothing comes up. How do you fix it?...
  4. Pressing dash, and plus opens inspect element and fullscreens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing dash, and plus opens inspect element and fullscreens: So whenever I press the dash key or the plus key, and using shift plus any number doesnt work also, i need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-dash-and-plus-opens-inspect-element-and/876b3acd-1235-4a13-b07b-96e9cb2bfeda
  5. Pressing dash, and plus opens inspect element and fullscreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing dash, and plus opens inspect element and fullscreens: So whenever I press the dash key or the plus key, and using shift plus any number doesnt work also, i need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-dash-and-plus-opens-inspect-element-and/876b3acd-1235-4a13-b07b-96e9cb2bfeda
  6. Pressing dash, and plus opens inspect element and fullscreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Inspect Element Not Available in Outlook Account Setting on Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inspect Element Not Available in Outlook Account Setting on Laptop: Trying to see what password I used in Outlook for a particular email account on laptop but when I try and use Inspect Element by either right clicking or using the keyboard sequence, I get nothing. Right clicking's only option is "Paste", can't even do a "Copy". The...
  8. Inspect Element ruining my ability to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inspect Element ruining my ability to work: I bought a Dell Inspiron 7586 Dec. 8, 2018. I do not use e last couple of months, I've noticed that when writing an email in Chrome or Firefox, the cursor will go crazy. In the midst of a sentence, it will jump up and insert the next word or letter in a prevEdgeious...
  9. Mouse right click contols: inspect element

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse right click contols: inspect element: Whenever I press the right click on my mouse only three options come up: paste, read aloud and select all. On my old laptop when I right clicked, inspect element also used to come up. Please can someone tell me how to turn on the inspect element function....
  10. inspect element

in Windows 10 Customization
    inspect element: hello, I want to know how do I inspect element on windows 10, help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/inspect-element/7b5b9cf4-90ef-466c-977c-2f4c037e58b4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge inspect element not working

2. inspect element not working edge

3. edge inspect element blank

4. microsoft edge inspect element not working,
  5. inspect element not working,
  6. microsoft edge inspect element broken,
  7. inspect element on windows not working,
  8. inspect element not working in edge,
  9. edge inspect element not loading,
  10. inspect myself,
  11. microsoft edge inspect not working,