Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is missing

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is missing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i installed the anniversary update in my pc, it was fine so i did the same for my laptop, but in the laptop , microsoft edge is now gone missing. if i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nitefury, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Nitefury Win User

Microsoft Edge is missing

i installed the anniversary update in my pc, it was fine so i did the same for my laptop, but in the laptop , microsoft edge is now gone missing. if i go to the store it says edge is installed but it doesnt open and says find app in store.....
    please help. i dont want to system restore or create a new user, i have apps like asphalt 8 which take long time to download......

This is repost of an old thread as i couldnt find any answer
    this user told me to re register my apps by inputting

Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode

into powershell

i kinda works. ie edge comes back but, after i shutdown and reboot it goes away again.
    i Cant find any permanent solution
    sfc/scannow doest give any good results either....

Microsoft Edge is missing [​IMG]

Microsoft Edge is missing [​IMG]

:)

Nitefury, Feb 23, 2017

2. How to replace Internet explorer with Microsoft edge

Original title: Run Microsoft edge

I like to replace Internet explorer with Microsoft edge but missing the apps required for Microsoft edge

Eliot Sencion, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Password Manager in edge not working

Nope, still not working as you described. Will not use Edge till corrected. Sorry Microsoft Edge is a miss for me. Lots of features IE had missing.

FrankHoriuchi, Feb 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, can you check what happens in Safe Mode? Does Edge open then?

If not, try the powershell command in Safe Mode and check if Edge works (I'm assuming that works - I've not had to try it) then restart into Safe Mode and retry Edge.

From what you describe it sounds rather like something you are running or have installed may damage your Edge installation somehow, but that's only a guess.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge is missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge missing

2. Microsoft Edge Missing Icon in Search w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Missing Icon in Search w11: This is specifically about the search menu in the "Best match recommended by microsoft", it works fine in the app list. Edge simply does not have an icon. I've tried everything I could find to fix it and nothing works. I'm really not interested in resetting windows just to...
  3. Microsoft Edge Missing Icon in Search w11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Missing Icon in Search w11: This is specifically about the search menu, it works fine in the app list. Edge simply does not have an icon. I've tried everything I could find to fix it and nothing works. I'm really not interested in resetting windows just to fix this dumb bug....
  4. Microsoft Edge Icon missing in app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Icon missing in app list: Hi,Why do I get this bug even though I have Microsoft Edge Chromium installed? This is the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-icon-missing-in-app-list/51e67b84-3a4b-4bfc-a499-52a52d28130d
  5. Microsoft Edge is missing from the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is missing from the PC: i have seen steps to try get microedge reactivated after updating to 1903. PROBLEM I cannot access any of the pages to do so. Micro Edge somehow had controlled a lot of pages, ex: cannot click on a photo to view and or share , other saved documents cannot access ! I am...
  6. Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing: On one of the more recent Insider build updates, my Microsoft Edge browser icon disappeared from the desktop. Does anyone have a way to replace it? I have looked for program details, etc. to try and replace it (eg using send to … desktop, but I cannot find the actual...
  7. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  8. Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge: Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there any more for Microsoft Edge?*Eek Screenshot: ImageBam [ATTACH] 123783
  9. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  10. Microsoft edge is missing

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge is missing: i just installed the anniversary update in my pc, it was fine so i did the same for my laptop, but in the laptop , microsoft edge is now gone missing. if i go to the store it says edge is installed but it doesnt open and says find app in store..... please help. i dont want...