Windows 10: Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes

Discus and support Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE and Edge were being hijacked with lots of pop ups. A restore and windows defender seemed to solve the problem but then Edge started being hijacked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, May 11, 2017.

1. Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes

IE and Edge were being hijacked with lots of pop ups. A restore and windows defender seemed to solve the problem but then Edge started being hijacked again. I got the Malwarebytes trial and it found 69 PUP problems which are quarantined and the IE explorer works fine but all I get from Edge is Hmmmm... can't reach this page.

I reset Edge and I still get the same. Anyway that Edge can be uninstalled and reinstalled?

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, May 11, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, May 11, 2017
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Malwarebytes Premium and Microsoft Edge Issues

Hi Kevin,

There are several factors which may prevent Microsoft Store or Edge from working properly. Some of it is due to changes in its configuration and/or software conflict. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you download and run the troubleshooter
    for Windows Apps on the device as this tool can automatically identify and fix any underlying factors that may be causing the issue. You can download and run the troubleshooter
    here.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this
    link. In the clean boot environment, check if you'll still experience your concern. The link will also provide
    steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section to revert your device to normal boot.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

Rey Bel1, May 11, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes

torre, May 11, 2017
  5. alkaufmann, May 12, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Malwarebytes 3.0

There have been issues with MB. Check this thread and others from the AV forum.

Temporarily disable MB to see if any effect. Also run adwcleaner.

torre, May 12, 2017
  7. Temporarily disabling MB solved a couple of issues for me. After re-enabling it, all works like it's supposed to. At least so far. And a +1 on the run AdwCleaner.

Wiley Coyote, May 12, 2017
  8. Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes

I looked at Windows reset but I would need to re-install so many programs I decided against it. Instead I signed this computer up to the insider fast ring. It just finished the upgrade to 16193.1001 and Edge is working again as well as all of the tablet tiles that were not working.

alkaufmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes

1. Microsoft Edge & Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Malwarebytes

2. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/3f79d101-8fa0-487a-9557-e29eba0f5514
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  4. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  5. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes does not uninstall in windows 10 settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes/898094aa-09b0-4cb1-9380-6a14790cb7a9"
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Malwarebytes won't shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/cc6fed93-a7fe-4808-ada4-791a2603fe3c
  7. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  8. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  9. Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection

Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection: Source: Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection The term Potentially Unwanted Programs, or PUPs, is often used to describe software installed on somebody's computer without the owner's specific and direct approval. Many legally-registered software development...
  10. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Can someone Please give me a good trusted free link to MailwareBytes Antispam ware No trial .Thanks Jerry *Smile 50262

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malwarebytes for windows edge

2. how to clean spartan.edb