Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We all know that IE, Firefox, etc have the option to copy the download link of an ongoing download job. But it seems Microsoft had something really... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shobhitk, Aug 31, 2015.

1. shobhitk Win User

Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option

We all know that IE, Firefox, etc have the option to copy the download link of an ongoing download job. But it seems Microsoft had something really great in mind and has apparently removed that feature from Microsoft Edge *Huh I wonder wheres the 'Edge'??

Can someone please tell me how to bring back the useful 'copy download link' option of an ongoing download link in Edge?

Regards

:)

shobhitk, Aug 31, 2015
  2. d-online Win User

"print target" missing

Right clicking on a link in IE would bring up an option to "print target". That was very convenient, but is missing from Microsoft Edge.

d-online, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    KB3199209 CRASH AND WIFI

Hi,

You must be trying to put this reply in this thread:
    Microsoft Edge: Favorites missing after installing updates
    , and yet was posted here which is pretty much irrelevant. We've just found your recent activities that gave us the reason to think that the
    link is the right thread for this reply.

You may copy your reply and put on the right thread to get the right answers.

Regards,

Marc Cai, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

We do? I have never heard of such an option. Are you referring to something else and calling it something strange?

Mystere, Sep 4, 2015
  5. shobhitk Win User
    For your convenience i am attaching the screenshot of the 'copy download link' feature which is available across almost all browsers.

This screenshot is from IE :-

Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option [​IMG]

shobhitk, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    That's obscure. I've never seen it before, which is why I questioned the "we all know" bit.

What do you use this for? You already have the file downloaded, and you obviously had the link to begin with... Personally, I don't see any use for it in any normal workflow (not that i'm saying there isn't one, but it seems obscure). My guess is that Microsoft didn't see a need either.

Mystere, Sep 4, 2015
  7. shobhitk Win User
    There are several such instances when the download link is not 'visible' until and unless it is Clicked. in those cases one can only extract the URLS through the above mentioned method.

I hope someone has a solution.

shobhitk, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option

Not so obscure. I'm surprised you never heard of it. I've used it often when a download fails and I want to use some other program, like a download manager to get it instead.

For example, right now I'm trying to set up a program that tries to download its own installer. On my miserable connection this eventually fails and I'm given the option of downloading an offline installer. All great so far.

The problem is, I have Edge as my default browser. So it grabs the URL link from the program (it's not a web page, so I can't just copy the link from there) and starts downloading it and eventually fails too. Now I have no way of seeing what it's actually downloading. I want to copy the URL into my download manager that actually resumes stalled downloads properly.

It seems a trivial thing to have it show the URL. Like previous posters have pointed out, all other browsers do it.

Guess I just need to switch my default browser back to Chrome, which allows you to actually see the URL of the thing you're downloading. Nice try Edge.

nelsonhoover, Jan 29, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Are you looking for this?

Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 30, 2016
  10. ecjb1969 Win User
    The OP is looking for the full download link, not just the website where the file came from. This enables him to eg from a command line use wget -c URL to resume a failed download. While overall I like Edge, these missing features are an annoyance. I ran into just this situation when downloading a help document from work and wanted to know the download URL so I could forward that to my boss

ecjb1969, Jun 3, 2016
  11. Mahefa Win User
    I know that i'm maybe so late for responding this but i can't retain this.
    So firstly, you have never use 'Copy Download Link'? Really? I'm so disappointed that someone who have never seen that who responds to the question!
    YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO ON THIS QUESTION.
    Because for me, this question is very important!

Why Microsoft delete (or make difficult access) to the 'Copy Download Link'? Why?
    Microsoft become con?

Thank you for reading

Mahefa, Aug 15, 2016
  12. This is really old thread and not answered. If you still are looking for a solution, I have found a very simple one. In the download section right click downloaded or still progressed file and report is as a malicious one. It will not be reported, not to worry. A website will open to fill the form, at the very top of it there will be displayed full url of the download. Copy it and close the report website *Wink

Good luck!

rottenbone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Missing

2. Juiced 2 missing "xlive.dll", Microsoft download link for dll is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Juiced 2 missing "xlive.dll", Microsoft download link for dll is gone: As title says, I am trying to get Juiced 2 which I PAID FOR on Steam years ago, and it uses xlive.dll, which someone was provided a link for by Microsoft support years ago. Well that link is now dead, and obviously I and everyone who still owns the game, would like a fresh,...
  3. Phone Link "Mark as Read" option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link "Mark as Read" option is missing: Hello,I recently started having issues with messages on my phone still showing as "New" or "Unread" when I have viewed them on my PC. When I went to my settings the "Mark as Read" option is no longer listed. I have confirmed that I have the most up to date versions on my...
  4. Phone Link "Mark as Read" option is missing

Phone Link "Mark as Read" option is missing: Hello,I recently started having issues with messages on my phone still showing as "New" or "Unread" when I have viewed them on my PC. When I went to my settings the "Mark as Read" option is no longer listed. I have confirmed that I have the most up to date versions on my...
  5. Apps Option Missing on Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Option Missing on Phone Link: Hello,I have recently connected my phone with Phone Link, and I saw that Apps option is missing, I tried to reconnect my phone and Apps option is still not there. When I reconnected my phone, there is no option called "Use a mobile app on my PC"Here is a screenshot of a...
  6. Apps Option Missing on Phone Link

Apps Option Missing on Phone Link: Hello,I have recently connected my phone with Phone Link, and I saw that Apps option is missing, I tried to reconnect my phone and Apps option is still not there. When I reconnected my phone, there is no option called "Use a mobile app on my PC"Here is a screenshot of a...
  7. New Edge Run Download Option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge Run Download Option: Where is the option to run the download instead of saving it? submitted by /u/sarcinelli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flx5a4/new_edge_run_download_option/
  8. Microsoft edge is missing

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge is missing: i just installed the anniversary update in my pc, it was fine so i did the same for my laptop, but in the laptop , microsoft edge is now gone missing. if i go to the store it says edge is installed but it doesnt open and says find app in store..... please help. i dont want...
  9. Microsoft Edge is missing

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge is missing: i installed the anniversary update in my pc, it was fine so i did the same for my laptop, but in the laptop , microsoft edge is now gone missing. if i go to the store it says edge is installed but it doesnt open and says find app in store..... please help. i dont want to...
  10. Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information If you’re sharing a link – like a website in Microsoft Edge, or an app from Store – Microsoft has added a new Copy Link option in the Share UI starting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge copy download link

2. copy download link in edge

3. copy download link edge

4. how to copy download link from edge,
  5. copy download link from microsoft edge,
  6. biggest link copy,
  7. tempstate downloads,
  8. file:///C:/Users/masa8/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/1180128436 (3).pdf,
  9. microsoft edge copy link missing,
  10. microsoft edge downloads copy link,
  11. to copy download link in edge,
  12. C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\42028 (2),
  13. copy download link on edge,
  14. microsoft edge link missing,
  15. copy edge download link