Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Not Responding

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Not Responding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elijah Clark, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue and make Edge more stable?

:)

Elijah Clark, Feb 24, 2024

2. Microsoft Edge is not responding

Hi Eunices,

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the browsing history, cache and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots
      (. . .).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on the tab Clear Browsing data (Choose what to clear).
    • Check the box next to the options needs to be cleared and click
      Clear
    For reference Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Step 2: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue. Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank You.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the browsing history, cache and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots
      (. . .).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on the tab Clear Browsing data (Choose what to clear).
    • Check the box next to the options needs to be cleared and click
      Clear
    For reference Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue. Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

Microsoft Edge ,"Not Responding"

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue with Microsoft Edge. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

• Is this issue specific only with Edge browser?
    • Does the same issue occurs with other browsers as well?
    • Do you have enough internet connection speed to browse?
    This kind of issue might also occur if you have very slow internet connection speed, or if you have any server related problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to try the below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    If issue still persists try method 2

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Not Responding

1. Microsoft Edge Not Responding - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Responding

2. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  3. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  4. Edge not responding

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not responding: OS version 21H1 19043.1081 When i open Microsoft Edge and click on a link i am getting the Microsoft Edge is not responding and have to close the program ( sometimes i have to use Task Manager to close it ). My version of Edge is Version 91.0.864.48 . Would i be able to...
  5. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding: Whenever i open microsoft edge,it shows not responding.Then,microsoft store and settings did the same thing like microsoft edge.But,Search bar kept loading for no reason.Can you guys help me on how to solve this problem?I can't even download it from Microsoft store....
  6. Edge, Chrome, encounter "Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge, Chrome, encounter "Not Responding": Every time I want to save a picture from Edge or Chrome, Crash happen. And I have wait for a very long for the Edge or Chrome to be back normal. My version is 20H2. Before upgrading to 20H2, nothing like the above ever happend. The problem presented as following:...
  7. The page on Edge is not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The page on Edge is not responding: I often get the message that the page is not responding. It doesn’t depend on the specific page and can occur any time anywhere. I have to exit the page to get rid of this message...
  8. Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge: Has anyone been having issues with freezing or not responding issues in Microsoft Edge after the big update? Both of my computers are having the issues. After Edge is opened, then closed, none of my programs work. They are slow and wont respond. Hopefully, someone can chime...
  9. Microsoft Edge: Not Responding while loading certain Websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Not Responding while loading certain Websites: Microsoft Edge: Tab says it's not responding while loading certain Websites Whenever I look up different things on certain websites, the tab in my Edge browser says it's not responding while loading the page. This site (Windows 10 Forums) loads fine. But websites such...
  10. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235