Windows 10: Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly

Discus and support Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, I wanted to try Microsofts Edge but I get a weird thing happen.. I goto Launch from the Win 10 Start menu and it looks like it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017.

1. JLAF5150 Win User

Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to try Microsofts Edge but I get a weird thing happen.. I goto Launch from the Win 10 Start menu and it looks like it is going to start then turns off almost immediately.. I do not get an error message it just does not start and stay running..

I tried a trick where I reset /reinstall it with Powershell but that did not fix it.. I am on the Spring Creators Update still and was thinking maybe it was broke when I did that update..

Was wondering what else I can try to get it too work besides to do the reinstall trick with Powershell as I already tried that trick..

I am on Win 10 Home Edition Spring creators edition..

:)

JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017

2. windows 10 sign in

none of the information you gave me worked. the store says class not registered whenever i try to download anything and now microsoft edge wont launch starts to open the blue screen then shuts off.

ChristineMarshall283, Dec 17, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge starts to load then shuts down

We would suggest temporarily disabling those third-party antivirus programs and see if it helps. We also recommend using Windows defender while those programs are disabled so you won't be worrying about anything that can harm your computer. You would be
    able to see the details regarding Windows Defender by checking this article
    Help protect my computer with Windows Defender
    . We would also suggest checking if there are any other pending Windows 10 updates as third-party antivirus programs are known to cause issues to Windows 10 updates.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly

Wiley Coyote, Dec 17, 2017
  5. JLAF5150 Win User
    JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017
  6. Fixed the link, just in case someone else may need it. Sorry if that tutorial doesn't solve your issue. No doubt soon enough someone more knowledgeable will offer a solution.

Wiley Coyote, Dec 17, 2017
  7. JLAF5150 Win User
    NP thank you for the reply.. I was thinking just try the latest creators update and see if that fixes it but I really wwould like to put off updating for a month or two until they iron out any new problems that may have surfaced..

JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Edge won't open. - Windows 10 Forums

Check the last post in this link. Other links are available using the search bar at top of page.

Recommend updating to the latest Win10 update. There are no major issues for the majority of users.

torre, Dec 17, 2017
  9. JLAF5150 Win User
    Well I did as it stated in the link there. I rebooted and it worked. I then imported my favorites and such shut the edge browser off when I was going to run it again it is back to not working like before???

JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017
  10. JLAF5150 Win User
    I am trying too update Windows I will report back *Wink

JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017
  11. JLAF5150 Win User
    I updated and Edge still did not work I reverted.. But I may just pass on Edge not worth it..

JLAF5150, Dec 17, 2017
  12. Cephus404 Win User
    I have never failed to be disappointed with Edge. It seems to be bad at pretty much everything.

Cephus404, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Working

2. Windows 10 laptop shuts down immedietly after the power cable is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop shuts down immedietly after the power cable is unplugged.: Hi, I've looked through other posts but didn't find a resolution. Recently I removed the NVMe SSD to examine it for an upgrade, reinstalled it then began experiencing the following behavior. Problem: My laptop immediately shuts down when the power cable is unplugged. It has...
  3. Windows 10 laptop shuts down immedietly after the power cable is unplugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop shuts down immedietly after the power cable is unplugged.: Hi, I've looked through other posts but didn't find a resolution. Recently I removed the NVMe SSD to examine it for an upgrade, reinstalled it then began experiencing the following behavior. Problem: My laptop immediately shuts down when the power cable is unplugged. It has...
  4. Windows 10 laptop shuts down immedietly after the power cable is unplugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start, Edge, Settings not working or shut down immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start, Edge, Settings not working or shut down immediately: Having a problem the last week or so. Started with Edge browser shutting down moments after launching. IE and Chrome work just fine. While trying to figure this one out, also noticed the start menu will not pop up and the search box disappears when I click the start button....
  6. Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off: I have set Edge to not run in the background so it won't prevent my display from shutting off until i run Edge at least once and close it. I check task manager and it is still running. And at this point the display refuses to shut down. The only fix is to kill Edge in the...
  7. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  8. Microsoft Edge on or off?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge on or off?: I just installed latest version of CCleaner. When I run it asks to turn off MS Edge! Edge was not running to my knowledge. Does it run in background? I did a start up of computer (after shutting down) and then copied CCleaner from USB stick to desktop and installed. No other...
  9. Microsoft Edge will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not start: When I click on Edge it shows the screen then closes..I looked in the event viewer and got this error message... Error Code -2147221165 This just started yesterday 15918
  10. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...