Windows 10: Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use mainly Chrome and Firefox to do 1099 contract work from home. I use them totally "vanilla" because extensions and add-ons can cause problems for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently.

I use mainly Chrome and Firefox to do 1099 contract work from home. I use them totally "vanilla" because extensions and add-ons can cause problems for the programs I use to do work with. Because of this, I am somewhat forced to use Edge for all my regular internet activities such as Facebook, Mail, and so fourth.

All along Edge has been annoying as hell with the constant "program/page" no responding that happens all the time, now suddenly Edge has been crashing intermittently. I can't place just what it is doing it, as there's no error message, it just suddenly closes. How can I figure out why and fix it?

I'd also like to make note, so far the only page that I really have trouble loading is Walmart's. Have to reload 2 or 3 times and then I might get a blank white page. I know it's not my computer physically as I've been on the site before and it worked fine.

I've already tried the usual by clearing out cookies, history and such. Ran a scan disk and Kaspersky just to check for malware, spyware or a physical disk issue. What else can I do?

:)

jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge Home Button greyed out/no response

Original title: Microsoft Edge Button greyed out/no response

build 20.1024.16404.0

home button (when it appears - which is intermittent) looks to be greyed out and certainly does not respond to clicking.

(re intermittent: when I set Home Button to on sometimes icon appears(greyed), sometimes just a space is created where icon should go!)

flash is on and tests ok.

a variety of valid home page addresses tried (for example BBC - Home).

all to no avail to getting a working Home Button.

any thoughts, ideas or solutions will be much appreciated.

BTW everything else on my installation of Edge appears to be working as expected.

arnoldnead, Nov 2, 2017
  3. IraLevy Win User
    AFTER AN UPDATE CHANGING IE 10 TO IE 11, MICROSOFT EDGE WON'T WORK

A RECENT UPDATE CHANGED MY IE 10 TO IE 11. NOW MY MICROSOFT EDGE WON’T WORK.
    EDGE CRASHES ABOUT 10 SECONDS AFTER LAUNCHING. IT DOESN’T EVEN GET TO A HOME PAGE.
    ANY REMEDIAL SUGGESTIONS?

IraLevy, Nov 2, 2017
  4. jayv2251 Win User

Now Chrome won't play YouTube video's! Ugh I'm loosing money now! What the heck is going on!!!?

jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    torre, Nov 3, 2017
  6. jayv2251 Win User
    Drivers are good. Just checked those when I switched wireless nics a few weeks ago. Edge has always been my default browser. I will go over settings just in case.

jayv2251, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Home

2. intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash: Hello folk, Would very much like some thoughts on the following. Hopefully anyone has clues or tips. On a fully updated and legally activated system with careful installation of 3rd party software there is an intermittent crash of explorer.exe in both Windows 10 Pro as in...
  3. intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash in Windows 10: Hello folk, Would very much like some thoughts on the following. Hopefully anyone has clues or tips. On a fully updated and legally activated system with careful installation of 3rd party software there is an intermittent crash of explorer.exe in both Windows 10 Pro as in...
  4. Microsoft Edge crashing on Windows 10 1803 and 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge crashing on Windows 10 1803 and 1809: Hi, Recently noticed, that Microsoft Edge is not working on 1803 and 1809 Windows10 builds. When I open Edge, only grey screen is displayed. Tested in my organisation on different Windows10 device and on fresh Windows 10 1809 installation. All computers having same issue....
  5. Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening: UPDATE: We had further issues for this, Norton caused a ruckus with Edge, after removing this however, Edge started working fully functional.
  6. Microsoft Edge crash

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crash: When I open Edge it will come on line to my home page, flick off once, come back on and then go off totally and returns to my desktop. Is there a way to re-install Edge? Firefox and Internet Explorer work fine. I have changed my default browser and that didn't help. Numerous...
  7. Edge and Mail intermittent printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge and Mail intermittent printing: Have updated to Win 10 1607 but every now and again edge and mail fail to print to my hp d1400 series printer but if I print from desktop apps like WLM 2012 or notepad it prints ok. I ran hp print doctor which installed new drivers but the problem still remains. Any...
  8. BSOD intermittent crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intermittent crash: Hello everyone, I keep receiving the blue screen of death and can not pin point what is causing it. Some days it may happen two or three times and then sometimes I can go a whole week without it occurring. I have included my log collector results file if this could help...
  9. Intermittent connectivity on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent connectivity on home network: Have a Win 8.1 PC and Win 10 laptop which can see each other at all times on the home network but only once in a while actually display each other's files and/or transfer files from one to the other. Just now the PC can display the laptop's Homegroup items (but not full C:\...
  10. Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: Thanks, Brink. As always, useful tutorial . I don't use Edge but today after updating Windows, I opened the browser to check and make sure all was well, and found MSN having problems or something. After that, I tried to change the Home page but I am totally unfamiliar with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone 10 Microsoft soft edge crashing