Windows 10: Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use mainly Chrome and Firefox to do 1099 contract work from home. I use them totally "vanilla" because extensions and add-ons can cause problems for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently.

I use mainly Chrome and Firefox to do 1099 contract work from home. I use them totally "vanilla" because extensions and add-ons can cause problems for the programs I use to do work with. Because of this, I am somewhat forced to use Edge for all my regular internet activities such as Facebook, Mail, and so fourth.

All along Edge has been annoying as hell with the constant "program/page" no responding that happens all the time, now suddenly Edge has been crashing intermittently. I can't place just what it is doing it, as there's no error message, it just suddenly closes. How can I figure out why and fix it?

I'd also like to make note, so far the only page that I really have trouble loading is Walmart's. Have to reload 2 or 3 times and then I might get a blank white page. I know it's not my computer physically as I've been on the site before and it worked fine.

I've already tried the usual by clearing out cookies, history and such. Ran a scan disk and Kaspersky just to check for malware, spyware or a physical disk issue. What else can I do?

:)

jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge Home Button greyed out/no response

Original title: Microsoft Edge Button greyed out/no response

build 20.1024.16404.0

home button (when it appears - which is intermittent) looks to be greyed out and certainly does not respond to clicking.

(re intermittent: when I set Home Button to on sometimes icon appears(greyed), sometimes just a space is created where icon should go!)

flash is on and tests ok.

a variety of valid home page addresses tried (for example BBC - Home).

all to no avail to getting a working Home Button.

any thoughts, ideas or solutions will be much appreciated.

BTW everything else on my installation of Edge appears to be working as expected.

arnoldnead, Nov 2, 2017
  3. IraLevy Win User
    AFTER AN UPDATE CHANGING IE 10 TO IE 11, MICROSOFT EDGE WON'T WORK

A RECENT UPDATE CHANGED MY IE 10 TO IE 11. NOW MY MICROSOFT EDGE WON’T WORK.
    EDGE CRASHES ABOUT 10 SECONDS AFTER LAUNCHING. IT DOESN’T EVEN GET TO A HOME PAGE.
    ANY REMEDIAL SUGGESTIONS?

IraLevy, Nov 2, 2017
  4. jayv2251 Win User

Now Chrome won't play YouTube video's! Ugh I'm loosing money now! What the heck is going on!!!?

jayv2251, Nov 2, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    torre, Nov 3, 2017
  6. jayv2251 Win User
    Drivers are good. Just checked those when I switched wireless nics a few weeks ago. Edge has always been my default browser. I will go over settings just in case.

jayv2251, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home crashes intermittently. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Home

2. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated both web browsers and they still crash. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  3. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated both web browsers and they still crash. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated the both web browsers and it still crashes. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  5. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  6. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  7. Intermittent Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Crashing: Hello, I'm having a lot of difficulty with my computer. I've re-installed windows twice clean. I've eliminated a couple of hard-drives that were checking faulty according to CrystalDisk. I reset my BIOS settings to the default to ensure no overclocking. I've re-seated my...
  8. Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.

Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.: I've had some major ongoing issues with my Lenovo AIO 520, running on Windows 10 Home Single Language, AMD Ryzen 3 2200 GE, especially whenever I try to work on Teams or open browsers. Basically, what happens is one of the following: A I'm in the middle of a meeting with...
  9. Windows 10 crashes intermittently

Windows 10 crashes intermittently: Any help would be appreciated The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x0000000000000018, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffc700e12ec180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  10. Microsoft Edge crash

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crash: When I open Edge it will come on line to my home page, flick off once, come back on and then go off totally and returns to my desktop. Is there a way to re-install Edge? Firefox and Internet Explorer work fine. I have changed my default browser and that didn't help. Numerous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone 10 Microsoft soft edge crashing