Windows 10: Microsoft Edge open and close

Discus and support Microsoft Edge open and close in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VancliffDesign, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge open and close

After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad

:)

VancliffDesign, Jul 9, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge won't open .cfm on a webpage (windows 10)

Microsoft Edge starts to open then closes again

GrahamMacDonaldNV., Jul 9, 2016
  3. Chris_rk Win User
    microsoft edge opens then closes immediately

microsoft edge opens then closes immediately. I have started the IE ETW Collector service, ran sfc /scannow, cleared contents under packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe executed a powershell script to reset it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Patched windows with the latest updates, scanned with Defender but no joy.

Chris_rk, Jul 9, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Microsoft Edge open and close

brummyfan, Jul 10, 2016
  5. galli73 Win User
    Hi.
    We also had this problem with Edge and the Photos App opening and instantly closing when trying to open.
    This happend only to domain joined Windows 10 computers (ver. 1607) so I suspected a GPO.
    Solution:
    We had a GPO that was messing with the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider key
    One thing the gpo did was replacing the permissions on the Networkprovider-key which resulted in that the local security group: ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES-group was removed from the NetworkProvider-key.
    After adding: ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES-group and giving it Full Control to the: NetworkProvider-key, Edge and Photos application started working immediately.
    Of course we also removed the GPO-setting that was causing the problem *Smile.
    Hopfully someone finds this helpful.

galli73, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge open and close

1. Microsoft Edge open and close - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge open

2. Microsoft closing on open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft closing on open: I can't play my game because when I open , it will closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-closing-on-open/9c5b4154-c80c-47c4-8a58-fd2093075fd2
  3. Microsoft closing on open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft closing on open: I can't play my game because when I open , it will closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-closing-on-open/9c5b4154-c80c-47c4-8a58-fd2093075fd2
  4. Microsoft closing on open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft closing on open: Hi, I have a problem where microsoft store immediately closes on open.I can't play any of my favourite games like minecraft because it requires me to open the store.When I open it it closes.I've tried to uninstall it and it still won't work.Any solutions?...
  5. Microsoft closing on open

Microsoft closing on open: Hi, I have a problem where microsoft store immediately closes on open.I can't play any of my favourite games like minecraft because it requires me to open the store.When I open it it closes.I've tried to uninstall it and it still won't work.Any solutions?...
  6. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10: [ATTACH]At times when you try to open Microsoft Edge, it may open and close […] This article Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Edge Closes after opening

Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  8. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues. I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept...
  9. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge closes on videos after codec update