Windows 10: Microsoft Edge open and close

Discus and support Microsoft Edge open and close in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VancliffDesign, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge open and close

After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad

:)

VancliffDesign, Jul 9, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge won't open .cfm on a webpage (windows 10)

Microsoft Edge starts to open then closes again

GrahamMacDonaldNV., Jul 9, 2016
  3. Chris_rk Win User
    microsoft edge opens then closes immediately

microsoft edge opens then closes immediately. I have started the IE ETW Collector service, ran sfc /scannow, cleared contents under packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe executed a powershell script to reset it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Patched windows with the latest updates, scanned with Defender but no joy.

Chris_rk, Jul 9, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Microsoft Edge open and close

brummyfan, Jul 10, 2016
  5. galli73 Win User
    Hi.
    We also had this problem with Edge and the Photos App opening and instantly closing when trying to open.
    This happend only to domain joined Windows 10 computers (ver. 1607) so I suspected a GPO.
    Solution:
    We had a GPO that was messing with the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider key
    One thing the gpo did was replacing the permissions on the Networkprovider-key which resulted in that the local security group: ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES-group was removed from the NetworkProvider-key.
    After adding: ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES-group and giving it Full Control to the: NetworkProvider-key, Edge and Photos application started working immediately.
    Of course we also removed the GPO-setting that was causing the problem *Smile.
    Hopfully someone finds this helpful.

galli73, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge open and close

1. Microsoft Edge open and close - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge open

2. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  3. Microsoft edge opened randomly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge opened randomly.: So i was typing on another browser i use, and Microsoft edge randomly opened by it's self. It didn't open a page or anything, it just started and it took me to the start page, like when you open microsoft edge, it will say "start page" on the tab. But i looked at event...
  4. microsoft edge will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e
  5. Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages: For no apparent reason Edge has stopped working on my Windows 10 desktop. If I click on the taskbar or in the start menu Edge opens Initially the window is blue, then white but none of the icons in the window are functional. So it will not open any pages and, after 30 seconds...
  6. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  7. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  8. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...
  9. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge closes on videos after codec update