Windows 10: Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, May 8, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but the other one only closes with Task Manager.

How do I fix this?

:)

Alicia J, May 8, 2016
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10: How to open 2 Edge / Explorer Pages at the same time.

Hi John,

You cannot open two pages using Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

However, you can open one page in Edge and other one using InPrivate mode. Click on (...) and click on New InPrivate window. This way you can open two pages in Edge.

For more information, refer to the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, May 8, 2016
  3. Edge Hijacked by buzzer.co.in/alert.html

Opened a webpage and typed in www.aib.com (was intending to go to www.aibonline.com) and suddenly the browser location reads buzzer.co.in/alert.html telling me Security Essentials has detected an attack and I should call 1-888-414-4284 to fix it.

I can only close Edge by using the task manager, but opening it again only takes me back to the same page.

Reading this forum, I saw one person said to put an html page on the desktop, then right-click and open it in Edge, which would then allow me to delete the offensive page. I tried that but Edge does not show up in the list of programs and I cannot find it
    on the computer. It is there somewhere because it opens when I click on the "e" edge icon on the taskbar.

I did a computer search for Edge but cannot find where Microsoft put it.

What to do?

CatherineRR65, May 8, 2016
  4. Alicia J Win User

I just changed the page from blank to google and back to blank page when opening Edge and now it works.

Alicia J, May 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge opens

2. Why can I only use one of my two monitors when laptop is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I only use one of my two monitors when laptop is closed?: I have this strange issue where I can only use one of my external displays if I'm not using my laptop display as well. When I have my monitor open or just have the display enabled in settings while closed then all works well, but once I close my laptop or disconnect its...
  3. Why can I only use one of my two monitors when laptop is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I only use one of my two monitors when laptop is closed?: I have this strange issue where I can only use one of my external displays if I'm not using my laptop display as well. When I have my monitor open or just have the display enabled in settings while closed then all works well, but once I close my laptop or disconnect its...
  4. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  5. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  6. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  8. Can you only open and minimise one web page in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can you only open and minimise one web page in new edge: When i minimise a web page and open another web page in Edge and try to open the first one it is not there on explorer 11 i could open four or five and minimise them and they would still be there is there some setting i have to open or is it not possible to have more than one...
  9. Edge - when I click on the close X, why don't I get a "close this page" option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge - when I click on the close X, why don't I get a "close this page" option?: Edge - when I click on the close X, why don't I get a "close this page" option? IE has this option. retraining is hard at my age....
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881