Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope this is right area I installed Windows 10 with no problems everything was working fine now all a sudden when I open Edge I get a page saying... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by crpowell67, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated

Hope this is right area

I installed Windows 10 with no problems everything was working fine now all a sudden when I open Edge I get a page saying "This site says... Warning your current browser is out of date! A critical security update has been released and you are required to update your java player" I click okay and tried to close the page (Edge don't support java if I am understanding right) and get the same message this time with leave this page or stay on this page I click leave page and it just pop's back up only way I can close Edge is though task manager.

Things I tried
    1. Ran virus scan with McAfee
    2. Ran malewarebytes
    3. Hitman Pro
    4. Zemana
    5. Emsisoft emergency kit

Still pop's up

:)

crpowell67, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Holly1958 Win User

Is IE 11 Outdated?

I just got my new computer in the beginning of April, 2016 and it has Windows 10. This computer has IE11 and Edge but some websites say It doesn't support my outdated browser (when I use IE 11), and I should update to a newer browser. Why are they saying
    this?

Holly

Holly1958, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How to get latest Edge?

One site says Edge is outdated, so how to install up dated Edge. I went to Microsoft site but couldn't find exact page. I thought Edge automatic update itself.

hankabuchi, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated

I have this same exact problem. It's as if the browser was hijacked, but there's no way I can see to fix it.

Leathlobhair, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Leathlobhair, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    The easiest way is to disable your network adapter, then kill Edge in Task Manager, restart it, then close the tab and re-enable network.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Thanks Mystere That worked finally.. I tried that before and no change but this time I tried and tried and it finally worked after about 17 tries

crpowell67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated

1. Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Problem

2. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  3. Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge may display a Managed by your organization message when you open the 3-dot More menu in the top-right corner. Clicking on this link will take you to the following page in your Edge browser: edge://management This page will display: Microsoft Edge is...
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  5. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  7. Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge browser: I'm getting a message that tells me to update to a new browser. It names Microsoft Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. Won 't my Windows 10 updates take care of updating the browser?...
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge Browser: When is Microsoft going to integrate voice command in the Edge/Explorer browser, like Google's browser? Seems like Cortana is left out in the cold on this one. :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/12608181-186d-4d84-99bd-12a7eff25425"
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Within IE I had the option of controlling my level of security for pop-ups, in Edge the default setting does not kill all pop-ups. If you want Edge to become the new browser of choice why have you disabled functionality or is there a way of enabling these additional...
  10. Edge Browser Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Problem: When I shut down my laptop ( HP ) I make sure that I close all open windows, I shut everything down, and then power my laptop. When I power back up the last windows that I was using open up on their own and I have to close them again. What is causing this ? Windows 10 home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge is outdated

2. get error message on microsoft edge browser is outdated

3. outdated browser warning windows edge