Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently typed a lengthy comment in a comment box on Reddit.com. Decided to scroll up to check the user name of the OP at the top of the page using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by matthewhawe, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.

Recently typed a lengthy comment in a comment box on Reddit.com. Decided to scroll up to check the user name of the OP at the top of the page using the scroll bar, my comments and the comment box all disappeared. This has been going on for weeks. Nothing would bring back my typed comments and I had to reload and re-type everything all over again. Also, attempting to use the scroll bar (laptop, not mouse so not the scroll wheel) resulted in tabbing back to a previous page. Anyone else get this problem?

:)

matthewhawe, Aug 11, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2018
  3. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites. tpu.png

anticlutch, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.

Edge not working on spesific website

Hi,

I suggested you to try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.

1. Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Scroll

2. Sign in on microsoft edge to comment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in on microsoft edge to comment: Signed in to my account on the website. Meaning all of my rewards and account information shows up when I click any of the associated icons but when I want to comment on an article I get "sign in on microsoft edge". I am signed in to the website already so I can only assume...
  3. Sign in on microsoft edge to comment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in on microsoft edge to comment: Signed in to my account on the website. Meaning all of my rewards and account information shows up when I click any of the associated icons but when I want to comment on an article I get "sign in on microsoft edge". I am signed in to the website already so I can only assume...
  4. Text box and a scroll bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text box and a scroll bar: Hi,There is a large empty text box and a scroll bar overlay with a browser. How can I get rid of it?Thank You, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-box-and-a-scroll-bar/bab0b0d5-236c-4739-a732-1e9bc2ab89c5
  5. Text box and a scroll bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text box and a scroll bar: Hi,There is a large empty text box and a scroll bar overlay with a browser. How can I get rid of it?Thank You, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-box-and-a-scroll-bar/bab0b0d5-236c-4739-a732-1e9bc2ab89c5
  6. BSOD on Certain websites on Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD on Certain websites on Microsoft edge: Hello, I have been having this issue for a while now as a part of the windows insider program im not sure if this extends to the standard windows 10 pro distribution, But whenever i visit websites like ebay.com and aliexpress my comptuer will bluescreen, and this issue also...
  7. Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?: This is baffling. When viewing Reddit on Chrome, the comment box (and this box I'm typing this message in) has a handle attached to the lower right corner of this text box that you can resize. I can make resize any text box on Reddit 1500 pixels x 1500 pixels if I want. I am...
  8. Search box dissapear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box dissapear: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro and on the taskbar I have the search box, „Type here to search”. But, sometimes, when I press Windows button it dissapear and never reappear unless I press again and again Windows button. In its place, the place becomes blue, like the rest of the...
  9. Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites: Hi Folks An odd issue - When using Firefox I notice that on some websites the scrollbar is missing & the page will not scroll using the mousewheel. Everything is up to date. A particular website where this happens is: The Quietus Any suggestions welcome. 129767
  10. Microsoft Edge: Not Responding while loading certain Websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Not Responding while loading certain Websites: Microsoft Edge: Tab says it's not responding while loading certain Websites Whenever I look up different things on certain websites, the tab in my Edge browser says it's not responding while loading the page. This site (Windows 10 Forums) loads fine. But websites such...