Windows 10: Microsoft Edge streaming Flash video has no sound

Discus and support Microsoft Edge streaming Flash video has no sound in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently when streaming Flash videos on Microsoft Edge there is no sound, video is fine. I have tried turning off audio enhancements, but it made no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Booms, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Booms Win User

Microsoft Edge streaming Flash video has no sound

Recently when streaming Flash videos on Microsoft Edge there is no sound, video is fine. I have tried turning off audio enhancements, but it made no difference. Adobe is turned on in Edge settings.
    If I watch them on Google Chrome they are fine, but I would rather be using Edge.
    I would be grateful for any help, please?
    Many thanks.

:)

Booms, Sep 24, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge

I read that if I turn Adobe Flash Player on off it would work. I can now stream videos in Microsoft Edge but now the videos in Get Started won't play which is no big deal. Thanks

BrendaHarrison_657, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge And Chrome blocking Flash

I am trying to watch a streaming news channel on Edge, but I get in the video area a notice that Chrome is blocking flash (remember, I am in Edge). I have unblocked Flash in Edge and Chrome, it does not help. I have seen the notice before, but it used
    to continue in Edge and play the steaming content. Today it has stopped playing it altogether.

LoriKakapo, Sep 24, 2017
  4. JDubs Win User

This just happened to me, too. This fix worked for me:

1) Right-click on the video and choose "Settings..."
    2) The right-most tab is the Audio Output tab. Make sure the correct output device is selected. When I did this, "Headphones" was selected. I changed it to "Speakers" and now it's fine.

This was the weirdest bug, because it's ONLY Flash, and it's ONLY Edge. Could hear Flash audio fine in Chrome.

JDubs, Sep 28, 2017
  5. Booms Win User
    Thanks for reply. Didn't get a chance to try it, sorry. Microsoft said my user account was corrupt and set up a new account, and it is working now.
    But thanks very much for the advise, much appreciated, and I shall bear it in mind should it go wrong again.
    Cheers!

Booms, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge streaming Flash video has no sound - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge streaming

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  4. Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams: Hello, I have pretty weird and annoying issue. When I'm watching a movie/stream, my sound is muting itself between dialogues - it only happens in those situations. Someone says something in a movie, MUTE, when the person resumes, it suddenly unmutes. Longer the dialogue is,...
  5. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  6. Sudden problem with Edge and Streaming video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden problem with Edge and Streaming video: Hello All, I have a "Watch TV Everywhere" subscription. It allows me to watch content from most of the cable channel providers. Recently Edge has stopped playing or even loading some of the channels. Not all though, only certain ones. of course the ones i watch the most....
  7. windows 10 has no video streaming sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 has no video streaming sound: I get no sound when running a network streaming video like YouTube. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-has-no-video-streaming-sound/6f5de527-a9d9-4767-a8c8-8d17653175a1
  8. Microsoft Edge - Flash update..

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Flash update..: - just came down via Update.. - wow, much improved..*Cool 25644
  9. Flash videos not working with Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Flash videos not working with Edge browser: This problem has frustrated me to no end. For some reason, flash videos on websites like Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers will not work with the Edge browser. All I get is a black screen with sound, or most of the time without any sound at all. Here are some of the things...
  10. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...