Windows 10: Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads

Discus and support Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 User. In my Microsoft Edge internet settings, I have my downloads set to go to this folder: C:\Users\Username\Downloads. However, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BriennaDugdale, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads

Windows 10 User.

In my Microsoft Edge internet settings, I have my downloads set to go to this folder: C:\Users\Username\Downloads.

However, my downloads actually go here: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads

And the folder deletes the downloads daily. Before I switched to Windows 10, everything I downloaded from the internet was in my C:\Users\Username\Downloads folder. I could go back and access documents that I downloaded (and had not saved) days, weeks, months backs. Now, I cannot find my past downloads--only what I downloaded that day. Is there a way to make the folder stop deleting the downloads? Or is there another location the past downloads are automatically being moved to? Or is there a way to make my downloads go back to the previous folder?

PLEASE HELP!

:)

BriennaDugdale, Jul 24, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 24, 2018
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads

java woint download in microsoft edge

Hi Russell,

Microsoft Edge has deprecated support for third-party plugins to reduce the security risks that they bring to your computer, so you won't be able to download or install them. However, if you need to access websites that need these plugins, you can open the
    webpage using Internet Explorer 11, which still supports plugins. To do this, we suggest following these steps:

• Click the three dots on the upper right corner of Microsoft Edge.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.

Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads fea60cba-af1a-49d4-8ecb-e5fca5c145fd.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns with Microsoft Edge.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads

1. Microsoft Edge TempState Downloads - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge TempState

2. Tempstate extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tempstate extension: I have many files with an extension of tempstate.Are files needed or can they be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tempstate-extension/77a5e301-e871-4d70-8cf0-0a97efd8f20d
  3. Tempstate extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tempstate extension: I have many files with an extension of tempstate.Are files needed or can they be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tempstate-extension/77a5e301-e871-4d70-8cf0-0a97efd8f20d
  4. Microsoft Edge Downloads bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Downloads bar: I there any way to get the old microsoft edge downloads bar in the bottom? because the new one takes a long time to load and doesnt know how much storage files use while downloading....
  5. Microsoft Edge Downloads bar

Microsoft Edge Downloads bar: I there any way to get the old microsoft edge downloads bar in the bottom? because the new one takes a long time to load and doesnt know how much storage files use while downloading....
  6. Microsoft Edge not finishing downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge not finishing downloads: I noticed that Edge isn't completing my downloads. It's completing them, but it still shows as downloading even after an hour. They get downloaded, but only temporarily, as when I shut my computer off they disappear. Any help?...
  7. Microsoft Edge not finishing downloads

Microsoft Edge not finishing downloads: I noticed that Edge isn't completing my downloads. It's completing them, but it still shows as downloading even after an hour. They get downloaded, but only temporarily, as when I shut my computer off they disappear. Any help?...
  8. Microsoft Edge not finishing downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. update download of microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    update download of microsoft edge: I was advised to download the new microsoft edge yesterday otherwise my messenger within facebook would not be compatible and would not work. I did this and now i get an error message telling me i must switch my microphone on. There is nothing wrong with my microphone, that...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue: Hi I am trying to download a zip of 5.5 GB, every time I tried it stops in its way and from there no progress. It appears that download was paused but actually it's not. Anyone faced similar issue or have the solution, please help me here. The most annoying thing when I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tempstate downloads

2. tempstate

3. tempstate/downloads

4. tempstate download,
  5. tempstate folder,
  6. tempstate\downloads,
  7. temp state downloads,
  8. temp state download,
  9. how to find tempstate downloads,
  10. microsoft edge tempstate download folder,
  11. temp state,
  12. edge temp download folder,
  13. tempstate downloads recovery,
  14. AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads ,
  15. file:///C:/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads