Windows 10: Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Edge to study at home and this problem has happened to me twice this month; while I had one of the videos my teacher shared on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Victor Luquez, May 21, 2024.

1. Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11

I use Microsoft Edge to study at home and this problem has happened to me twice this month; while I had one of the videos my teacher shared on microsoft edge it froze the whole computer and turned the screen black. I tried shutting the computer off but as I pressed the shutdown button on my notebook it unfroze, while the screen was still black and on the top-right corner of the screen appeared a tiny windows 7-ish window buttons while the computer beeped 3 times; then Windows started working again normally and the video screen displays error 0x20300000.This had happened to me before, but I had

:)

Victor Luquez, May 21, 2024

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 21, 2024
  3. PC completely freezes during video playback

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of PC freezing during video playback. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the Search box next to Windows Icon & type Troubleshoot.

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Video Playback

Step 3:

Then click on Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart the PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 21, 2024
  4. Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11

No video playback in Microsoft apps since installing widows 10

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur while playing video from the local drive?

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all and Select
      Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11

1. Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge video

2. Youtube videos freeze for a bit in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube videos freeze for a bit in Microsoft Edge: Hi,Recently i have noticed that Youtube videos freeze for 1 second and then the video continues playing normaly. This freezing happens between 15-20 second periodically.This is the report file that i can find in edge://gpu/:about-gpu-2024-06-19T17-48-59-247Z.txt...
  3. Youtube videos freeze for a bit in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube videos freeze for a bit in Microsoft Edge: Hi,Recently i have noticed that Youtube videos freeze for 1 second and then the video continues playing normaly. This freezing happens between 15-20 second periodically.This is the report file that i can find in edge://gpu/:about-gpu-2024-06-19T17-48-59-247Z.txt...
  4. Youtube videos freeze for a bit in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11

Microsoft edge video playback freezing Windows 11: I use Microsoft Edge to study at home and this problem has happened to me twice this month; while I had one of the videos my teacher shared on microsoft edge it froze the whole computer and turned the screen black. I tried shutting the computer off but as I pressed the...
  6. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  7. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  8. Delayed video playback on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed video playback on Windows 11: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 yesterday, absolutely love it and didn't encounter any bugs yet; except this, on YouTube, I realized that the audio is fine, but the video is a bit behind/delayed. I checked on other video sharing sites, same problem. Did a restart hoping...
  9. Delayed video playback on Windows 11

Delayed video playback on Windows 11: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 yesterday, absolutely love it and didn't encounter any bugs yet; except this, on YouTube, I realized that the audio is fine, but the video is a bit behind/delayed. I checked on other video sharing sites, same problem. Did a restart hoping...
  10. Video Playback Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Freezes: Hi all~ When I play videos on my laptop, the picture and audio will freeze after about 15 minutes while the timeline continues to move. If I wait for a minute, the picture will suddenly fast forward, trying to catch up to the timeline, while the audio resumes normally. Once...