Windows 10: Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

Discus and support Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JayTaunton, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log in" it opens up with Chrome and some other pages but some pages open with Edge. Now I know that Outlook, my Hotmail, is a Microsoft product so I wasn't surprised that it opens with Edge but some other pages open with Edge and some with Chrome. Am I missing something. I went to Settings and looked where it says Browsers and it says that Chrome is my default. I gave Edge a 4 month chance. I had Chrome set as my default and Microsoft sent down a large update, it set Edge as my default. I got tired of the slow speed in opening my web pages, Facebook,etc. I only play one game in Facebook and Edge caused it to be so slow when playing it. I reset Chrome as my default and now the game is way faster. Getting to the web page is not the problem, using it once you log in is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Jun 4, 2016
  2. J W Stuart, Jun 4, 2016
  3. BOBAH123 Win User
    Why is microsoft edge such a memory hog?

I noticed this too, in the past few weeks, Edge has become a slow **** resource hog - in particular with YouTube, pretty much on all of my machines. Solution - replace with GOOGLE CHROME. Microsoft bragged about low memory consumption vs. Chrome - and
    now they fell flat on their face. Typical Microsoft. Riding high on a horse..... until the first puddle.

BOBAH123, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

1. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Google

2. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  4. Chrome vs Edge....

Chrome vs Edge....: I have Windows 10 & want to use Chrome, how do I uninstall Edge & keep from it loading my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-vs-edge/75cc0bf8-dd0a-4bd7-8837-419d407ba237
  5. edge vs chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge vs chrome: I have used edge a few times and it is much faster than chrome. Why is this? Because Edge belongs to MS? I"m puzzled about this. I have cleared cache, history etc but my chrome is like a snail.I don't see why this would be other than that Edge would have no data in it to...
  6. edge vs chrome

edge vs chrome: I have used edge a few times and it is much faster than chrome. Why is this? Because Edge belongs to MS? I"m puzzled about this. I have cleared cache, history etc but my chrome is like a snail.I don't see why this would be other than that Edge would have no data in it to...
  7. Microsoft Edge vs Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge vs Chrome: I want to try inbuilt Edge browser.Anybody using it please let me know its pros and cons.Should I use it instead of chrome? submitted by /u/Vicky455 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbpiro/microsoft_edge_vs_chrome/
  8. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...
  9. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  10. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...