Windows 10: Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

Discus and support Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JayTaunton, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log in" it opens up with Chrome and some other pages but some pages open with Edge. Now I know that Outlook, my Hotmail, is a Microsoft product so I wasn't surprised that it opens with Edge but some other pages open with Edge and some with Chrome. Am I missing something. I went to Settings and looked where it says Browsers and it says that Chrome is my default. I gave Edge a 4 month chance. I had Chrome set as my default and Microsoft sent down a large update, it set Edge as my default. I got tired of the slow speed in opening my web pages, Facebook,etc. I only play one game in Facebook and Edge caused it to be so slow when playing it. I reset Chrome as my default and now the game is way faster. Getting to the web page is not the problem, using it once you log in is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Jun 4, 2016
  2. J W Stuart, Jun 4, 2016
  3. BOBAH123 Win User
    Why is microsoft edge such a memory hog?

I noticed this too, in the past few weeks, Edge has become a slow **** resource hog - in particular with YouTube, pretty much on all of my machines. Solution - replace with GOOGLE CHROME. Microsoft bragged about low memory consumption vs. Chrome - and
    now they fell flat on their face. Typical Microsoft. Riding high on a horse..... until the first puddle.

BOBAH123, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

1. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Google

2. Brave vs. Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Brave vs. Chrome: Just read article about Brave vs. Chrome. I'm seeking real world comments and opinions. Thanks 139467
  3. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  4. Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family: I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google Chrome, but when I tried to open it, it brought up a Microsoft family page. It said I needed to ask an adult for permission....
  5. Firefox Vs IE

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Vs IE: Hi, I'm not very good with technology. I've always used IE as my browser, I prefer IE especially IE menu bar, File, edit, view, etc, etc, I'm comfortable with IE menu bar it makes it easier for me. Although I tried Chrome, I just can't get used to it I'm wondering what...
  6. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  7. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  8. Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?: This just started. I have put a link in a word doc. I have made Chrome default browser, both in chrome and the computer. When I try to open the link I get a popup which I can’t take a screenshot of. It says: “How do you want to open this website? Use an app, use the default...
  9. Edge vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Edge vs Chrome: I've been using Google Chrome for a long time.... When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I knew it wasn't going to be maintained much longer as Edge is now the official windows browser...Although it still seems to...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...