Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Warning

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got the suspicious virus alert that indicated I should not shut down and dial into a phone number provided. I simply turned off my computer, then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hagopiggy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Hagopiggy Win User

Microsoft Edge Warning

Just got the suspicious virus alert that indicated I should not shut down and dial into a phone number provided. I simply turned off my computer, then turned it back on and ran my Kaspersky protection. Nothing showed up. Am I OK. Not sure what to do next. Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hagopiggy, Aug 14, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge Warning

security warning on edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is the default home page in Microsoft Edge?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Clear caches and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

If the issue persist I suggest you to send us the screen shot of the Security Warning message.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Warning

1. Microsoft Edge Warning - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Warning

2. Microsoft Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Warning: Hey there Some files on desktop disappeared suddenly and text file left on desktop says "We would like to inform youo that someone has logged in on your pc hp by a computer named project zorgo this was their message : imagine leaving your pc on . "I checked task manger for...
  3. Microsoft Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Warning: Hey there Some files on desktop disappeared suddenly and text file left on desktop says "We would like to inform youo that someone has logged in on your pc hp by a computer named project zorgo this was their message : imagine leaving your pc on . "I checked task manger for...
  4. Microsoft Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disable Edge update warning popup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Edge update warning popup.: How can I stop update warnings in the browser edge. I had disabled all notifications, blocked the popups, disabled windows updates in services and still it is showing waring messages when ever I opened or refreshed the browser. I don't to want to update it. Please Help its...
  6. Fake Security warnings using Microsoft Edge

Fake Security warnings using Microsoft Edge: I recently have been getting fake security warnings using Microsoft Edge. I posted a question about this on 3-7-2020 and got the following email screen shot message appearing to be from Microsoft. It's senders address from "Properties" was Microsoft *** Email address is...
  7. fake microsoft warning

fake microsoft warning: was told by fake microsoft scam that I may have a virus and to call them. I shut down my computer. Ever since then, my screen slowly started to flicker. Now it is flickering a lot, and distorting as well. Ran numerous scans, even tried recovery. Is there a solution as I know...
  8. McAffee warning on MS Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee warning on MS Edge browser: I do not have McAfee software installed but I've started to get a warning message on my browser telling me my subscription has expired (today's date) and to visit...
  9. Microsoft warning

Microsoft warning: I received a Microsoft warning on my computer. It tells me I am affected by TAPSNAKE CronDNS and Dubfishexe. The following are affected: Windows/apps/hidden/system 32/x/Snake.exe Windows local/Conf/Keyboard/retype.exe...
  10. Microsoft Warning Alert

Microsoft Warning Alert: My wife's computer has been locked up and has the message that IP has been used to access that contain identity theft virus and gives a number to call Microsoft to unlock. Is this a valid message or an attempt to scam?...