Windows 10: Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

Discus and support Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just last week, the WebDriver specification officially became a W3C Recommendation, defining a standard way for web developers and browser engineers to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

Source: Enhancing automated testing in Microsoft Edge with new WebDriver capabilities, W3C protocol support, and automatic updates - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver

Source: Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Edge WebDriver does not support completly "Displayed" status of a element

Hello, @Amrita Bhattacharjee

I did all the steps but the test still does not work, even when the element that I need is visible for me, for a javascript code as I wrote above and for all other browsers that I listed before. There is some kind of extra information that I can inform and
    help you to find and solve my problem?

Also about the file upload using Edge WebDriver I did a workaround to solve temporally while the upload function was not implemented. Unfortunatelly I can't do it in a generic error like my first one, when a random element is displayed but the Edge WebDriver
    says me that it's not.

IGOR PAULI QUINTAES, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

Edge WebDriver does not support completly "Displayed" status of a element

First of all, I created the post in IE 11 because there is no option to choose Microsoft Edge In the Question form, different from the forum's filter. Also I have not found better place to do this kind of question about a product developed by Microsoft,
    with a lot of technical information.

I've been working developing test on Selenium and I tried to make Edge runs in my test suit, that today runs with IE11, Chrome, FireFox and PhantonJS. Unfortunatelly, my test suit runs in all others webdriver browsers without problems but broke in Edge when
    i try to check simple informations, like if an element is or not displayed.

Example: run in Edge's console the command:

$("#save").is(":visible")

It returns true.

But if I try to do something similar in Selenium it does not work. A code example what I try to do:

_driver.FindElement(By.Id("save")).Displayed;

It returns false.

Even using an explicit wait does not work, it returns a timeout error because was not able to find the displayed element:

_driver.Wait().Until(ExpectedConditions.ElementIsVisible(By.Id("save")));

It throws a timeout exception.

It makes me think that is a Microsoft Edge bug, since the documentation tell us that "Displayed" was implemented (ref here).
    Im using the last Egde and his Webdriver versions, Edge 38.14393.0.0, EdgeHTML 14.14393, Webdriver Release 3.14393.

Also I read somewhere (I think StackOverflow) about a backlog item that was not implemented yet about file uploads, but as is from an unofficial information I don't if it is true. Is it really waiting to be developed to Edge WebDriver?

Thanks all.

IGOR PAULI QUINTAES, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

1. Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge WebDriver

2. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge: Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it...
  3. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge: Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it...
  4. Edge Auto-Updater Broken

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Auto-Updater Broken: Edge will only check for updates and actually update if done manually by going to the browser's "Help and Feedback" section and then the "About" page. The behind-the-scenes auto updater, which runs every 2-3 days, fails. Five computers, one of them mine, are affected. All are...
  5. Microsoft Edge update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge update: I updated Microsoft Edge on Friday 19 June 2020 and since then I get a blue screen error "WHEA UNRECOVERABLE ERROR" with alarming frequency. Since then I have downloaded and installed Windows 10 2004 update, hoping that it would cure my problem of the blue screen error. No...
  6. "Auto-fill" in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Auto-fill" in Edge?: My Win10 has been upgraded to the AU 1607 and runs very well I use Yahoo email - 2 accounts When I use EDGE which is my default browser, my log in names have to be typed in instead of being automatically selected When I use IE11, my log-in names are automatically...
  7. Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?: And does it have all of the "essentials" like ad blocking? 19421
  8. Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce that WebM/VP9 support is now in development in Microsoft Edge. VP9 is an open source codec that offers efficient compression to stream HD content at lower bitrates, and is well suited to UHD streaming. Initial support for VP9 will be available...
  9. Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver: Today we’re announcing support for automated testing of Microsoft Edge through the W3C WebDriver standard. To use WebDriver with Microsoft Edge, you need the MicrosoftWebDriver server on a Windows Insiders build of 10166 or newer. Once that’s installed, you can try out...
  10. WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    WebM, VP9 and Opus Support in Microsoft Edge: Starting with EdgeHTML 14.14291, the open-source WebM container format and the VP9 video and Opus audio codecs are supported in Microsoft Edge. These are available to websites that use Media Source Extensions (MSE) to adaptively stream video content. Windows Web Apps (built...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge selenium capabilities