Windows 10: microsoft edge will not open

Discus and support microsoft edge will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GustavoCornejo, Aug 19, 2018.

1. microsoft edge will not open

Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it

:)

GustavoCornejo, Aug 19, 2018

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 19, 2018
  4. microsoft edge will not open

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

microsoft edge will not open

1. microsoft edge will not open - Similar Threads - microsoft edge open

2. Opening up Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening up Microsoft Edge: I changed information on my Microsoft profile and now Microsoft edge will not open on my desktop. I tried restarting. I looked for updates. I need help. It is pinned on my bar, when I click it, nothing pops up on my on my screen. I can see the front page if I scroll over the...
  3. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  4. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  5. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
  6. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  7. Microsoft Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  8. Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised: I am slowly using microsoft edge more with Windows 10. Today i altered the default search engine from Bing to Duck Duck Go and closed the browser. On reopening the browser I couldn't get Edge to open in a maximised state unless I clicked the option in top right corner. I...
  9. Microsoft edge opened randomly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge opened randomly.: So i was typing on another browser i use, and Microsoft edge randomly opened by it's self. It didn't open a page or anything, it just started and it took me to the start page, like when you open microsoft edge, it will say "start page" on the tab. But i looked at event...
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881