Windows 10: Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk

Discus and support Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 1709 x64 ImDisk 2.0.9 I was given a new laptop at work. The laptop has a DVD drive which I hate, I haven't used optical media in like 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dickfitzwell, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk

Windows 10 1709 x64
    ImDisk 2.0.9

I was given a new laptop at work. The laptop has a DVD drive which I hate, I haven't used optical media in like 10 years. I much would have preferred something lighter/smaller without DVD drive. So naturally I start to install some of my favorite free software on it, ie ImDisk which lets me emulate most disk images (ISO and such).

I love to use an ImDisk ramdisk to store downloaded files while I decide to keep them or not.

Microsoft Edge is the default viewer for PDF files. When I try to open a PDF on said ramdisk, Edge displays nothing. Copying the file to the SSD then opening with Edge renders the PDF file successfully.

I thought it might be some anomaly with some combination of software, so I installed Windows 10 1709 x64 to a virtual machine in my Xubuntu desktop. With a basic install, the problem still occurs... PDF does not render in Edge if on ramdisk, but does if on the virtual SSD. It is reproduce-able.

I was reminded of a another weird problem I had in the Windows 7 days, where Windows Media Player absolutely would not play an MP4 located on the root directory of a ramdisk, but would play if located at least one directory deep of a ramdisk. But at the time I never took the time to reproduce it.

In any case, I'm sure it is some bug of Microsoft more than ImDisk, but thought maybe it might be worth investigation.

:)

dickfitzwell, Sep 2, 2018
  2. NiroViji Win User

Microsoft Edge does not render the Pdf stream

Hi All,

I have the following application returning a PDF document as a FileStreamResult. Microsoft Edge is not rendering the PDF document. Anyone know how to fix this? or This is a known issue of Microsoft Edge?

public FileStreamResult Get()

{

MemoryStream workStream = new MemoryStream();

Document document = new Document();

PdfWriter.GetInstance(document, workStream).CloseStream = false;

document.Open();

document.Add(new Paragraph("Hello World"));

document.Add(new Paragraph(DateTime.Now.ToString()));

document.Close();

byte[] byteInfo = workStream.ToArray();

workStream.Write(byteInfo, 0, byteInfo.Length);

workStream.Position = 0;

return new FileStreamResult(workStream, "application/pdf");

}

Thanks

Niranjan

NiroViji, Sep 2, 2018
  3. [SOLVED] Temporary Internet Files (location) corrupted since creating 'RAMdisk'

Hi!

I'm having this issue for some time now and I don't know how to fix it. It's "Temporary Internet Files" within the Internet (Explorer) Settings, that also affected the Edge.

I created RAMdisk to try storing Internet files on it to speed up my browsing. That worked great!

I just moved the Temporary folder location to the RAMdisk.

The problem is, I can't restore Temporary folders to it's original location.

So basically Internet Explorer and Edge do not have any history and do not save anything if RAMdisk is not running.

I tried moving back the saving location with or without RAMdisk but it keeps reverting the save location to 'blank' if RAMdisk is not running and reverting location to RAMdisk if RAMdisk is running.

RAMdisk is a tool that creates HDD out of RAM, making that HDD faster than SSD or anyting else.

Devilboy665, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk

1. Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge render

2. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  3. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  4. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags: It a started a few updates ago, when the icon for Microsoft Edge went from an 'E' symbol to the new blue circle(?). Scrolling through a PDF file (already downloaded in the computer, not viewing from a website's link) feels horribly lag and it takes longer time than usual to...
  6. Microsoft Edge PDF reader alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge PDF reader alternative: Hello, I have this issue I am having trouble with. I have a Microsoft surface. My surface got updated this morning. Before then, I could read all the pdf-s in Microsoft Edge application by moving the pages with my finger and then annotating/taking notes with my electronic...
  7. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  8. White background on images in PDF files render as yellow on Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White background on images in PDF files render as yellow on Edge browser: When I view my PDF files in the Edge browser, the background of the logo comes out yellow. The background is white in the original logo image. This happens with logos that were created as JPGs and PNGs and also when I use a transparent background in the original. I saw...
  9. Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge will not render PDF located on ImDisk ramdisk: Windows 10 1709 x64 ImDisk 2.0.9 I was given a new laptop at work. The laptop has a DVD drive which I hate, I haven't used optical media in like 10 years. I much would have preferred something lighter/smaller without DVD drive. So naturally I start to install some of my...
  10. Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge: All of a sudden, when I open some (not all) PDFs they have blank contents in Edge. No viewer like Acrobat or PDFXChange installed. No viruses and SFC /scannow is all right. I don't think it's browser related but a more generic PDF format filter (?) corruption in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. filestreamresult pdf not rendered