Windows 10: Microsoft Edge will not start

Discus and support Microsoft Edge will not start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on Edge it shows the screen then closes..I looked in the event viewer and got this error message... Error Code -2147221165 This just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jimaz, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jimaz Win User

Microsoft Edge will not start

When I click on Edge it shows the screen then closes..I looked in the event viewer and got this error message... Error Code -2147221165

This just started yesterday

:)

Jimaz, Aug 12, 2015
  2. FrankGall Win User

Microsoft EDGE will not start

This did not work for me. When I click on the Edge icon it flashes and nothing else happens. The same is true if I try to search for something. The search entry flashes and disappears. Any other suggestions?

FrankGall, Aug 12, 2015
  3. JonL-688 Win User
    Microsoft EDGE will not start

Edge worked fine till the Microsoft update last Tuesday, April 18. Since then I click on it and the screen will flash then nothing. There is nothing in the TASK MANAGER to show it running.

"What it does show is Microsoft (R) HTML Application Host". Not sure what that is.

I have read and tried what is in old posts but this seems to be different: SFC Scan show Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

What steps can I take to get this back up? I happen to like Edge.

JonL-688, Aug 12, 2015
  4. torre Win User

torre, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge will not start - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge start

2. Microsoft Edge installer crashes/won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge installer crashes/won't start: Long story short I completely uninstalled/deleted edge and I was trying to reinstall it. Ive downloaded the most recent version for Windows 10 including the Canary and the dev build from the website and when I run the setup it immediately crashes. I've tried running as...
  3. Microsoft Edge installer crashes/won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge installer crashes/won't start: Long story short I completely uninstalled/deleted edge and I was trying to reinstall it. Ive downloaded the most recent version for Windows 10 including the Canary and the dev build from the website and when I run the setup it immediately crashes. I've tried running as...
  4. Microsoft Edge installer crashes/won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  6. Edge Will not Start

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Will not Start: Is anyone else getting this? [img] 146778
  7. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  8. Microsoft Edge Start Up

Microsoft Edge Start Up: I have set (in Settings) MS Edge to open with a specific page (www.bbc.com.news). However, when I open it, it displays the pages I last had opened. If I then close it and re-open it, it behaves as expected by showing the specified page. I can't see why it's misbehaving -...
  9. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...
  10. Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge How to Customize your Start Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows edge will not start one thr first attemps