Windows 10: Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

Discus and support Microsoft Edge won't save passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jfc, Sep 9, 2015.

1. JFC
    jfc Win User

Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

Hi,
    I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings, View advance settings, offer to save passwords in ON, unchecked it OFF, then back ON. No changes. I have about 10 passwords saved under Manage my saved passwords, but can't add any. Any solutions?
    Thanks

JF

:)

2. Adam7875 Win User

Microsoft Edge doesn't remember secure passwords

I'm having the same problem with Edge. I can see my saved passwords list, but it won't auto enter them into the login boxes. Microsoft, you have got to fix this. I love Edge but since my Norton Identity safe won't work with Edge and MS own password vault
    doesn't work, I'll probably end up having to use Chrome.

Adam7875, Sep 9, 2015
  3. jmkjtx Win User
    Windows 10 not offering the option to save password

Went through all the steps to clear everything, restarted Edge and still won't save password.

jmkjtx, Sep 9, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi, welcome to the forums, open Task manager, right click Edge, go to details, click Microsoft Edge Content process, right click and select End task, do this for all Mic.Edge Content Process, reboot and test.

brummyfan, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge won't

2. Why won't edge save my passwords any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't edge save my passwords any more?: Microsoft Edge used to save my passwords but it doesn't any more. It may once in a while its hit or miss but most of the time it doesn't. I have it selected to save passwords but it still doesn't. I even installed edge again but it didn't help. any ideas?...
  3. Why won't edge save my passwords any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't edge save my passwords any more?: Microsoft Edge used to save my passwords but it doesn't any more. It may once in a while its hit or miss but most of the time it doesn't. I have it selected to save passwords but it still doesn't. I even installed edge again but it didn't help. any ideas?...
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers for Windows users. It comes with some unique features that you will not find in other web browsers, like Math Solver, Vertical Tabs, etc. If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you probably know that Edge lets you save...
  5. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  6. Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.: New install - everything turned ON to Offer to Save Password. It isn't site specific. History/cache all cleared. Nuked back to Restore Settings. Nothing in other threads works - what is the problem with this Browser?...
  7. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  8. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  9. Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge: Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there any more for Microsoft Edge?*Eek Screenshot: ImageBam [ATTACH] 123783
  10. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge wont save username and password