Windows 10: Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, Internet Explorer has apparently been replaced by Microsoft Edge. I experience difficulty with this new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wigger, May 13, 2016.

1. wigger Win User

Microsoft Edge

Hello,
    Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, Internet Explorer has apparently been replaced by Microsoft Edge. I experience difficulty with this new browser, in that it signals security problems for about every second website I want to go to - even absolutely reliable ones. If I click on the "continue anyway" button, nothing happens but the security warning reappearing. This blocks my access even to websites I need for professional use. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?
    thank you

:)

wigger, May 13, 2016

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, May 13, 2016
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, May 13, 2016
  4. z3r010 Win User

Microsoft Edge

z3r010, May 13, 2016
  5. wigger Win User
    Thank you. I just tried to do so. The problem seems not to reside in the browser, for with Internet Explorer exactly the same happens.

wigger, May 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Just a suggestion :

Open IE11 > click Tools at the top > click SmartScreen Filter > click Turn off SmartScreen Filter.

Wonder if that will help.

*** adding ............... make sure IE11 is set as your default browser ***

davidhk, May 13, 2016
  7. Have you tried
    Command Prompt(Admin)
    SFC /Scannow
    You may have to do an in place upgrade
    Both links are in my Signature

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge

Create another user account with exactly the same privileges as this one you are using > logon to it > set IE11 as default.
    Is the same issue persisting ?

davidhk, May 13, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    It would be easier to find a solution for you, if you provide a bit more information. What antivirus solution do you use, firewall DNS etc.

Your description make me think off Norton / Symantec internet security and possible to strict settings of certificate checking.

AndreTen, May 13, 2016
  10. ARC1020 Win User
    I think that's a likely cause too. But I don't think it's due to "too strict settings of certificate checking", more like third-party security software acting like it's a Certificate Authority issuing it's own certificate so it can MITM secure connections and may or may not be doing proper certificate checking like a browser would to see if the actual site certificate is valid, expired, revolked, etc.

ARC1020, May 14, 2016
  11. wigger Win User
    Thank you for your replies. Meanwhile, I have discovered many, many other quite unnerving malfunctions.

It becomes increasingly clear I have to resort to a professional to clean up this mess. An assistant of mine told me today she spent more on downgrading back to Windows 7 than would have cost her a new personal computer. As you may have guessed, my expertise in computer science is indeed limited. However, I believe they have quite a nerve at Microsoft to launch such an immature product on the market.

wigger, May 17, 2016
  12. wigger Win User
    No, it's Avast!

wigger, May 17, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

Microsoft Edge

Looks like a lot of people have problems with Avast on Windows 10 (and other).

Solution to certificates problems is described on this avast fansite.

They say:

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  8. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  9. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

10. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...