Windows 10: Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 stops responding

Discus and support Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 stops responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this ongoing issue for a few years now, (Across both win7 & 10) while I love the ergonomic keyboards produced by Microsoft, this has become a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akello, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Akello Win User

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 stops responding

I've had this ongoing issue for a few years now, (Across both win7 & 10) while I love the ergonomic keyboards produced by Microsoft, this has become a bit of a liability. For some reason I am unable to fathom, my keyboard will just randomly quit responding all together. The lights remain on, but the keyboard is unresponsive to any key presses. Unplugging they keyboard, and plugging it back in resolves the issue, but depending on what I'm doing at the time this can be extremely disruptive.

My first thought was that it was the keyboard it's self, so after about a year of this going on I purchased a new keyboard in an attempt to alleviate the issue. But the same problem persists. When it happens there does not appear to be any change in the device manager, no unrecognized devices, and the keyboard is still recognized, the mouse works as well.

The only thing I can think of is that it's a problem between the keyboard & the motherboard in regards to the USB drivers? But all of the research I've done doesn't seem to uncover anyone else having the same issue, or any way to alleviate or fix it. It's also so random that it's quite hard to diagnose, in that at times I can go weeks without seeing the issue, and then it might happen twice in a day. So it's hard to replicate, or figure out what/if anything, is causing the issue on the user end.

If anyone else has ever heard of this happening, it would be a god send if you could point me toward a fix, or even a cause.

Currently Running Win 10 Pro, but as I said this happened on win 7 as well.
    Mobo is a Asus x79 pro updated bios & drivers

:)

Akello, Jan 4, 2017

2. OPENING AND READING MANUALS< GUIDES I've Downloaded my mail screen??

Hi,

l suggest you to refer the link below for more information on Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and check if that helps:

Keyboard:
    Natural
    Ergonomic
    Keyboard
    4000 | Microsoft Hardware

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 |
    Microsoft Accessories

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 4, 2017
  3. keyboard 4000 v1.0 has no manual

Hi Nicolas,

You can refer to this page and follow the steps to set hot keys:

User Instructions for the Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked
    sites or any support related to technology.

Meanwhile, here is the product page of Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, you can download Mouse and Keyboard Center 3.2 in this page.

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Regards,

Tisky

Tisky Zheng MSFT, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Have you checked Control Panel, Power Options and the settings for the USB ports? Sometimes the ports get turned off, I like to set everything to Always On to avoid such problems.

Berton, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Akello Win User
    Hmmm I've never looked into this. Looking at the power options it says USB selective suspend setting enabled. Will try and disable it and see what happens. Would boggle my mind if this is the reason though, because at times it will become unresponsive mid keystroke as I'm typing a document lol. But you know microsoft =)

Akello, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 stops responding - Similar Threads - Microsoft Ergonomic 4000

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter": I have Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Just recently, every time I hit "x" it returns. And every time I hit "enter", it puts an "x" and returns. I tried updating drivers and removing the drivers. I also checked Sticky Keys, to make sure I didn't have anything active. And...
  6. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Please could you advise the model name and number of the ergo keyboard that has now replaced the natural ergo 4000? Thanks so much. * Moved from advertising...
  7. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Is there a mute/unmute button on this keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/abd72a9e-439e-4be5-828f-3656fddf2735
  8. Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: I am trying to set up my Ergonomic 4000 keyboard but I cannot work out how to activate the number pad. I have tried the number lock key but that is not having any affect....
  9. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0

microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0: Hi Is there a download to enable the shortcuts to work in windows 10 the original installation disc says not compatible with this version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-v10/281074cd-22c8-4228-93b9-bf4255fe7a7e
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ergonomic 4000 stops typing