Windows 10: Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

Discus and support Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Derrick Nguyen, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?

:)

Derrick Nguyen, Jul 13, 2018

2. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

How do I permanently remove a child from the Microsoft family feature?

Hi,

If you're sharing a Windows 10 device with your child, letting them sign in with their own accounts will give them the freedom to explore safely while you're still able to set up appropriate age restrictions and time limits, and make sure they're not visiting
    any websites or using any apps or games that aren't right for them. Now, if you opt to permanently remove a child account from the Microsoft family features, you can follow these steps:

• As an adult in the family, sign in to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      with your Microsoft account on any PC or device.
    • Open Settings in Windows 10, click Accounts, and select
      Family & other users, then click Manage family settings online.
    • Click Remove under Your family tab, and select the child account that you want to remove, and click
      Remove again.
    • After that, you will get an email confirming that the child has been removed from the family.

Let us know if you have other concerns. Feel free to post back.

Marque Lor, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

1. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Restrictions

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.: I had restrictions on my account before when I was in a microsoft family but after removing myself from the family I still have the same restrictions. Microsoft please fix this this is so **** stupid....
  5. After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.: I had restrictions on my account before when I was in a microsoft family but after removing myself from the family I still have the same restrictions. Microsoft please fix this this is so **** stupid....
  6. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am an adult who recently left my Microsoft family after getting my own computer for college work. However despite leaving the family my account is still being effected by Microsoft family limitations that prevent me from using other browsers or browsing freely, including...
  10. Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device.

Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device.: After removing a laptop from my child's devices, it still shows up when setting apps and limits for other computers. It says that only one device is linked to my child's account but when I go onto the app and game limits page, it still says that limits will apply to the...