Windows 10: microsoft family safety external web links

Discus and support microsoft family safety external web links in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; every time I search something and an external link shows up and I click on it, it takes me to the Microsoft Family Safety page every time my mother who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Addie King, Dec 3, 2023.

1. microsoft family safety external web links

every time I search something and an external link shows up and I click on it, it takes me to the Microsoft Family Safety page every time my mother who is the one controlling it has tried fixing it and sometimes when I send a request for that page's access and she allows it most of the time it still doesn't work I've gone into settings and done it from there it didn't work I've tried a hard reset and a software reset neither of them worked and my mother has done it from her profile and it still hasn't worked. Here are some of the screen shots of before I clicked on it and after I clicked on it

:)

Addie King, Dec 3, 2023

2. Family Safety web site unresponsive. Down

Hi Tom Haws,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, It might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2023
  4. microsoft family safety external web links

Family Safety Web Filtering for Children

I am having some problems getting the Family Safety settings setup correctly on Windows 10. Previously I had my kids setup in Family Safety with Windows 8.1 local machine accounts that only allowed them to view sites that I added to the Allowed List,
    and blocked all others automatically. Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I had to create them child Microsoft accounts and sign them into Windows 10 with them to enable Family Safety. This worked, and both machines are now running Family Safety. The problem
    is, I no longer have the ability to allow them to only view sites on the Allowed List. On the web console I have the ability to block adult content, and I do have Allow and Block lists, but I have no way to only allow only sites on the Allowed List. According
    to the Microsoft Family Safety Article found here (Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support), there should be the option "Only see websites on the allowed list." in the web console, but I do not see that particular option.
    Has anyone else run into this, or am I missing something? Thanks!

DarthRamblous, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

microsoft family safety external web links

1. microsoft family safety external web links - Similar Threads - microsoft family safety

2. microsoft family safety external web links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family safety external web links: every time I search something and an external link shows up and I click on it, it takes me to the Microsoft Family Safety page every time my mother who is the one controlling it has tried fixing it and sometimes when I send a request for that page's access and she allows it...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety: I recently sent my Lenovo laptop to the repair center to have its screen fixed. When I received the laptop, it seems that it was factory reset during the repair process. I signed into my outlook account and set the device up. However, when trying to download and open...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety: Anyone have a Idea To Leave My Member?If You Know,? So Answer Right Now Or Think And Answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/e7b5b14e-ee31-4ca2-8bbd-b192031081f7
  8. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Anyone have a Idea To Leave My Member?If You Know,? So Answer Right Now Or Think And Answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/e7b5b14e-ee31-4ca2-8bbd-b192031081f7
  9. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Hello, I just purchased a new laptop; it's been eight years since I upgraded. So, I am new to the Microsoft Family safety option included on my new laptop.Folowing setup, I spent a good portion of yesterday evening trying to uninstall this feature. I ended up inviting myself...
  10. Microsoft Family safety

Microsoft Family safety: Hello My child family safety account time send request is blocked by third party parental control program, which web address do i need to add to the white list to unblock the request? Thank in advance!...