Windows 10: Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft yesterday released a cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) addressing most of the critical issues. The patch is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10

Microsoft yesterday released a cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) addressing most of the critical issues. The patch is offered to all devices running Windows 10 version 1803 and systems will install the patch automatically. Microsoft has also fixed the bug in Windows 10 April 2018 Update which was causing Google Chrome to freeze on some devices.

Microsoft last week acknowledged a critical bug in Windows 10 which was freezing Google Chrome, Hey Cortana, and some other apps. The bug was also causing devices to crash completely. Microsoft in a community forums post confirmed that the Windows 10 Build 17134.38 resolves the issue.

Build 17134.38 is the first cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803, and while it fixes many bugs, the report claims that KB4103721 is causing a black screen on some hardware. Needless to say, it’s a bigger problem than the freezing bug in Google Chrome and Microsoft is yet to acknowledge the installation issues.

“A solution was included in the May 8th, 2018 cumulative update (KB4103721). Windows Update will automatically download and install the solution. To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go toSettings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates,” Microsoft moderator said.

The reports claim that the patch for Windows 10 April 2018 Update pushes the systems to a black screen, and no workaround has been discovered until now. It’s worth noting that the systems fail to boot once the installation process comes to an end.

You can clean install Windows 10 April 2018 Update or boot to Safe Mode and remove the update manually. Needless to say, if nothing works for you, restoring the system to the previous version of Windows 10 (the Fall Creators Update) is your only option.

As noted above, Microsoft hasn’t yet acknowledged any issues with a cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803. The patch is still available for download, though it has the potential to brick even more devices. In the coming hours, Microsoft could also offer a workaround to recover the bricked PCs. We’ll be keeping an eye on forums and update the story when an official workaround is available.

The post Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10

1. Microsoft fixes the bug causing Google Chrome to freeze in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft fixes bug

2. Google chrome ,,[microsoft]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome ,,[microsoft]: , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%9Egoogle-chrome/3262457d-c4b8-4095-a9b4-22c4b3f08224
  3. Google chrome ,,[microsoft]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome ,,[microsoft]: , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%BE%9Egoogle-chrome/3262457d-c4b8-4095-a9b4-22c4b3f08224
  4. Google Chrome Freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Freezing: When I am navigating google maps If I walk away and come back sometimes Chrome is froze. I have to close chrome and reopen. Also YouTube videos if I pause the video and come back after screen goes off I have my monitor go off after 3 minutes. But it does not matter how long...
  5. Microsoft is fixing a Windows 10 bug that causes forced reboots

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing a Windows 10 bug that causes forced reboots: Microsoft is finally fixing an annoying Windows 10 bug that causes a random reboot on some devices running the October 2020 Update. The tech giant has also removed the ‘compatibility hold’, which should allow more users to install the upcoming feature updates. In November...
  6. A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail: I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of Gmail and Microsoft Edge not saving user names/passwords ..... was to no avail!! I found this yesterday:...
  7. Windows 10 with Google Chrome Stuttering and Freezing.

Windows 10 with Google Chrome Stuttering and Freezing.: I have been having issues with my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming Laptop that keeps freezing/stuttering when streaming or watching videos, for example, YouTube or movies from a certain website, but it does not stutter when playing games that might take a lot of...
  8. Google Chrome causing BSOD

Google Chrome causing BSOD: I was getting BSOD when using Google Chrome to watch youtube clips. It was happening rather frequently, but somewhat randomly. Meaning: sometimes I could watch for 30 minutes straight without problem, other times it would BSOD after 5 minutes. After the computer rebooted it...
  9. Fixing to dump Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Fixing to dump Google Chrome: II open Chrome, do my searches etc. etc. When I am done, I go to Ccleaner and clean. Go back to chrome an open history - clean nothing there except for the current browser opening. I then go to the search box and type in ONE LETTER and a box opens off the search box showing...
  10. Popups and freezing - Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Popups and freezing - Google Chrome: I use Google Chrome web browser and recently I have been having a couple of problems: 1. It has taken to freezing when I close a tab (not every time and always a different tab) 2. I now see ads like the attached appearing periodically in a separate popup window. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome causing windows to freeze for periods of time

2. google chrome lag windows 10

3. google chrome freezing on print