Windows 10: Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs

Discus and support Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The upgrade is automatically initiated at system reboot Microsoft’s offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to those on Windows 7 and 8.1, and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs

Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs [​IMG]

User are not longer allowed to delay or cancel the Update.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...s-494597.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Oct 14, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update stuck at 99%

Same thing for me. Windows updates not moving for 7 windows 10 ran at 99% for 28 hours without completing.

Couldn't stop the upgrade or shut down. Blank screen on reboot. Attempting to repair Windows 7 on laptop at the moment, but very cheesed off with Microsoft stuffing up the update process for Windows 7 to force people to go to Windows 10 - and then failing
    to update. I don't have the patience to spend this amount of time to play around with a computer failing to update and upgrade.

We are effectively forced by Microsoft to upgrade, and then look like we'll lose all our data on the computer. They have deliberately neglected the updates on Windows 7 to force people to move to Windows 10.

MarkAbraham, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs

????? *really

Cluster Head, Oct 15, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    ARC1020, Oct 15, 2015
  7. zooburner Win User
    Thing is I'm not sure any more it was an error, more of a 'lets see if we can get away with this' Microsoft really have been lousy with all this upgrade with all the things they have already to nag you, and upgrade for you why on earth did they need an update that simply goes ahead and installs windows 10 for you. ? People already have that option if indeed that what's it was !
    Why the update in the first place ?

PS! I'm commenting on the article, which I'm aware you didn't write not your post

zooburner, Oct 15, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs

LOL, Upgrade or we will screw windows 7 so badly you will have no choice !!

zooburner, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Is not an error, is a feature......!

*What

10. labeeman Win User
    Yep*Ditto

labeeman, Oct 15, 2015
  11. zooburner Win User
    LOl*chuckle

zooburner, Oct 15, 2015
  12. BReeves Win User
    Glad I have auto update disabled on all my Windows 7 computers. I kinda like Windows 10 but never did like Microsoft's "we know better than you" stance and taking my choices away.

BReeves, Oct 15, 2015
  13. davexnet Win User

I agree, if you want to have control, you have to set WU to notify you before downloading. Then if necessary,
    you can use DISM to remove unwanted packages. OK for techs and those who frequent the forums, but what about all those novice users ?

davexnet, Oct 15, 2015
  14. UPDATE:

Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs [​IMG]

Read more: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...s-7-8-systems/

15. zooburner Win User
    zooburner, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs - Similar Threads - Microsoft Forces Upgrade

2. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  3. Microsoft starts force upgrading more Windows 10 PCs using machine learning

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts force upgrading more Windows 10 PCs using machine learning: In the coming weeks or months, Microsoft says it will begin installing Windows 10 version 20H2 ‘October 2020 Update’ on devices running outdated versions of the OS. Microsoft is apparently using ‘machine learning’ to automatically upgrade the compatible hardware without user...
  4. Upgrading around 55 PCs from windows home and windows 7 to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading around 55 PCs from windows home and windows 7 to windows 10 pro: we are a startup company based in the US, and we have our employees 55++ employees using their personal PCs/laptios. these laptops/PCs are windows 10 pro, windows 7 & windows 10 home. now we need to upgrade all those PCs to be using windows 10 pro. now i know that upgrading a...
  5. Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?: In our office there are several Windows 7 computers that have Office 365 installed. We need to upgrade them to Windows 10. Can I upgrade them for free, considering that Office 365 is installed on them?...
  6. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows 10 Upgrades: I wrote the following in the previous post: Windows forced Upgrades I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge...
  7. how to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on multiple PCs?: Could you help me upgrade several PCs automatically from Windows 7 to Windows 10? They are office computers connected to the domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-7-to-windows-10-on-multiple/c575655b-e9d4-4588-b134-bef9a23b833b"
  8. German Carmaker to upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    German Carmaker to upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10: Windows 10 has been garnering a good amount of customers off late with many companies opting to update their PCs with Microsoft’s latest offering Windows 10. One of the big German car maker company Porsche has now decided to upgrade all its Windows 7 PCs with Microsoft’s...
  9. Windows 7 PCs Can't See Or Talk To Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 PCs Can't See Or Talk To Windows 10 PCs: Hi I am thoroughly confused at present. Before Windows 10 arrived I set up a Workgroup (as opposed to a Homegroup) at home with three Win7 PCs and a WinXP laptop. All PCs could see and talk to all other PCs without requiring a Username and Password. Now that Win10 has...
  10. Microsoft ships first Windows 10 upgrade to corporate PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ships first Windows 10 upgrade to corporate PCs: Microsoft ships first Windows 10 upgrade to corporate PCs [img] Credit: Microsoft 'Current Branch for Business' release signals slower pace and uncertain schedule By Gregg Keizer Follow Computerworld | Apr 11, 2016 6:49 AM PT Microsoft last week promoted Windows...