Windows 10: Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission

Discus and support Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Last weekend made another try to upgrade my system by using "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe".The download was ok, also verification was ok. Then update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission

Hello,Last weekend made another try to upgrade my system by using "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe".The download was ok, also verification was ok. Then update started, at about 30% several restarts, at 75% another restart, at this point screen remained black, mouse and keybourd not responding, also HD light was not flashing.Waited an hour, (few days earlier left it over night) nothing changed, pressed the power button and pc restarted, few seconds later a notice 'trying to reconstruct windows previous version', got my working system back (not updated).Since then each time in the apps menu I see a new item "Window 10 upgrade assistant", and without asking permition I see new (large) folders in the system's tree. If I cannot update - to stop it have to unplug the internet and this is annoing.I ran all possible tests on the system and the HD, everything is ok, if upgrade impossible this way or other way it is just waste of time and I just do not want it.Is there a way to stop it from unwillinly downloadig all those files.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 22, 2017

2. software update - Mission Impossible

Well then, the only options left for you is to try another computer or go to a Nokia Care Center, at least I know of no other option that we could help you with considering that I cant get to handle your PC.

chanchan05, Jul 22, 2017
  3. HELP CAN NOKIA DESTROY MY PHONE

I dont think they will destroy it like in Mission Impossible, they will hopefully lock it.

mixtermike---01, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission

Shalom'

I've probably installed Win-10 at least 20 times now, both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
    I install the OS, get it tweaked and tuned the way I want it, and Shut OFF auto Updates.
    That way I don't get any surprises.
    If I'm going to get updates or upgrades, etc., I always make a backup Image copy of my C: drive first.
    That way, is something goes terribly wrong, and so often it will, a quick restore of my Backup Image puts everything back to normal again.

Good Luck to you,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 22, 2017
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    For quit a long time I disabled update options because any update ends with frozen pc at some restart. But this 'Creators Upgrade' package is downloaded via some backdoor and then a message pops-up that new update is ready to install, waiting for a restart. So I start to delete this package and soon it comes back.
    A fresh backup image is always ready on a second harddisk, if some files refuse to be deleted, then I use the backup image.
    What I asked is how to close that 'backdoor' without pulling out the internet connection plug.
    Thanks

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission

1. Microsoft forcing me to do impossible mission - Similar Threads - Microsoft forcing impossible

2. Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II: More failware in the process of updating second hand computers. The PC has Windows 7 and cannot be upgraded to Windows 11 due to the processor and some other problems and in theory it could be updated to Windows 10 but only in theory, as in practice the process gets stuck at...
  3. Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II: More failware in the process of updating second hand computers. The PC has Windows 7 and cannot be upgraded to Windows 11 due to the processor and some other problems and in theory it could be updated to Windows 10 but only in theory, as in practice the process gets stuck...
  4. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  5. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  6. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  8. Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end: Good Day All while having a cold one in Bahrain in it's Fine Chief's Club i did the check for updates and it said 1903 was ready for me it's 4PM so i say OK lets go it took around 3 hrs over there wifi to download so that made it 7pm+- after that i figured 2+ hrs to set up...
  9. microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant: while i was watching some youtube i left my laptop for a minute and update assistant poped up on my screen and i said i restarted to update it and it updated i go back to 1709 and the assistant is back i uninstalling it but reinstalling again whatever im trying to do to...
  10. Microsoft has a new mission statement

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has a new mission statement: The end of Microsoft's fiscal year occurs on June 30th and it's around this time of the year that we see the company make large changes to its organizational structure as it prepares for the year ahead. With the company already announcing that a few executives will be leaving...