Windows 10: Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly

Discus and support Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Starting last night, the MS 'Community' forums (answers.microsfot.com) started displaying oddly. A number of elements seemed misplaced. A prime example... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KeithM, Mar 2, 2018.

1. KeithM Win User

Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly

Starting last night, the MS 'Community' forums (answers.microsfot.com) started displaying oddly. A number of elements seemed misplaced. A prime example is attempting to reply to a thread. The reply window now looks like this:

Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly [​IMG]

I'm seeing this in both Chrome and Edge. Do they share cached elements that might affect display? Other sites are behaving normally. Before I wiped out cache, cookies, etc. I thought I see if others are seeing the same thing.

Thanks,
    Keith

:)

KeithM, Mar 2, 2018

2. Email not displaying correctly

We suggest that you use the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It'll install the latest version of Windows approved for your phone. This will remove everything including your apps, games, texts, call history, music, and photos. Please
    back up your stuff to avoid data loss.

For more details check Windows Device Recovery Tool Faq.

Let us know if it helps.

Dennis Zac, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Email not displaying correctly

Since my last software upgrade emails don't display correctly and I have no notifications of texts.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Jimboneville, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly

It displays properly for me using Firefox 59 BETA 14..Maybe refresh the page ??

Josey Wales, Mar 2, 2018
  5. Could it be that in you post you quote answers.microsfot.com whereas it should be answers.microsoft.com

John Mitchell, Mar 2, 2018
  6. I do not believe he would even get to the site using that. I think it was a typo.*Wink

Josey Wales, Mar 2, 2018
  7. KeithM Win User
    I apologize for the typo in the title. I'm visually impaired and sometimes miss those things, but . I'm not a one-time user of the forums, I'm a frequent contributor:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-6012273f59fa

Not only have I refreshed the page, I've restarted. And again, I'm seeing this in both Edge and Chrome ---- do they share the same cache of style sheets or whatever might be affecting layout (HTML is not my strength).

KeithM, Mar 2, 2018
  8. Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly

Try IE and see if it works.

Josey Wales, Mar 2, 2018
  9. KeithM Win User
    I'm seeing the same behavior in IE.

KeithM, Mar 2, 2018
  10. Are you signed in? It works in Firefox as shown below. Restart your Machine ..??

Josey Wales, Mar 2, 2018
  11. KeithM Win User
    I've restarted at least 10 times.

KeithM, Mar 2, 2018
  12. ThrashZone, Mar 2, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

The Home Page is messed up for me everywhere!

Edwin, Mar 2, 2018
  14. Hi,
    Yep got some java sludge/ bad cache MS community uses a boat load of cookies
    I always feel dirty visiting that nasty site haven't been there in over a year.

ThrashZone, Mar 2, 2018
  15. KeithM Win User
    Thank you,, Edwin!
    I thought MS might be playing with the site. I've been seeing a notice about feedback changing at the bottom of pages such as this:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pow...w=powershell-6
    So I guess MS is "improving" the user experience once again
    *Eek

Guess I'll just wait it out and play with PowerShell for the day!

Keith

KeithM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Forums Displaying

2. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  3. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  4. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  6. Wrong characters displaying on forums

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong characters displaying on forums: Hi all, I am a member of a forum and someone is asking about errors they are seeing in some posts to the forum. The example that the person gave is: "So for example, typing Don't it comes as Don #&37 t." Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? It hasn't...
  7. Microsofte Edge Forum or Store

in Browsers and Email
    Microsofte Edge Forum or Store: Every time I try to log into any Microsoft account such as the Store or a forum (Edge), all I get is a bunch of BS. It always wants to verify who I am and proving I am NOT a robot is a real PITA (typing in those codes never seem to work). If possible I would like to start...
  8. SHAME ON MICROSOFT FOR THIS MALFUNCTIONING FORUM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SHAME ON MICROSOFT FOR THIS MALFUNCTIONING FORUM: MICROSOFT IS A GARBAGE! THIS PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. NOT ONLY THE PRODUCT IS THE VERY BIGGEST ****, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DECENCY TO PROVIDE US WITH A WEBSITE THAT FUNCTIONS PROPERLY. THIS **** WEBSITE IS HORRIBLE!! YOU DELETE A LINE, IT MESSES UP THE REST...
  9. Please help or direct me to the correct forum

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help or direct me to the correct forum: Hello, I was playing a video game (fallout 4) and received a couple error messages while playing. They did not affect the game so I continued to play a bit longer then closed the game as normal. A couple windows were still open and one I didnt recognize that was called “dwm”....
  10. These Microsoft Forums and Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    These Microsoft Forums and Security: Hi, I understand this is a public forum so I appreciate your warnings on what not to post; however, I've had the following happen several times through the years, and I want to know if anyone else has had this experience. I'll ask a question, sometimes about security on my...