Windows 10: Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio

Discus and support Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I believe there is a bug in the game bar where it wont record a users microphone by default, even if it is set to do so bu default. The only work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by skyros77, Jul 10, 2018.

1. skyros77 Win User

Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio

I believe there is a bug in the game bar where it wont record a users microphone by default, even if it is set to do so bu default. The only work around I have found is to disable record microphone, then re-enable it on the game bar.

Is this a known issue? Is there a better work around?

:)

skyros77, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game DVR audio recording.

Hi Jastin,

The Audio Settings in the Game DVR can be changed so you can disable the Audio when recording game clips. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + G on your keyboard.
    • Click the Settings icon and go to Audio tab.
    • Uncheck Record audio when I record game clips.

You also have an option if you want to enable or disable audio from your microphone. In the
    Audio settings, you can check or uncheck Record my microphone next time I record a game.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jul 10, 2018
  4. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio - Similar Threads - Microsoft Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue: whenever i clip in game moments i would like to have all my audio recorded at once, this being the game itself, my microphone and a discord call im in. However it seems as though i can only choose between Game+Mic Game audio only option / Game+DiscordAll audio option. Is...
  3. Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BeefRamenMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idu2ee/why_wont_game_bar_record_my_mic_audio_my_mic/
  4. Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record: I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture ~2 hours using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio devices were selected properly so that my PC's internal audio...
  5. Game Bar Only records Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Only records Audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...
  6. Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows game bar Audio recording issues.: Good morning, I have been recently using the 'Record last 30 seconds' function in the game bar more frequently and have noticed that it does not record my audio. I have worked out how to activate my microphone so it does work Windows + Alt + M, however after capturing just...
  7. Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  8. XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy: So i've been trying to use the XBOX game bar to record my screen. Everything goes well, but the audio is just glitched. The video is good condition, its just the audio that has a problem. I dont understand why, maybe you people out there know?...
  9. Game bar records only audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar records only audio: Hello, i started using the game bar to record my gameplay. Im only using the record last 30 seconds button at the moment, when i play those videos i can only hear the audio and the video itself is only a screenshot. How do i fix it?...
  10. Game bar only records audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar only records audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox gamebar wont record sound