Windows 10: Microsoft Garage Releases Office Add-in AI-Enabled "Dictate"

Discus and support Microsoft Garage Releases Office Add-in AI-Enabled "Dictate" in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft on June 20 released Dictate, a new voice input add-in for Office that works with the Windows versions of Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by simrick, Jun 22, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

Microsoft Garage Releases Office Add-in AI-Enabled "Dictate"

Note: the Dictate add-in download is for 32-bit Office.

Read more here:
    Microsoft Enlists AI Tech for Its Dictate Office Add-in

:)

simrick, Jun 22, 2017

2. what is the difference between garage dictate and Windows 10 speech recognition?

Hi,

Windows Speech Recognition is a speech recognition component developed by
    Microsoft that enables the use of voice commands to perform operations, such as the dictation of text, within applications and the operating system itself.

Garage Dictate is pretty much the same with Speech Recognition. It uses your voice to type when you are tired.
    Dictate is an Office add-in for Windows Outlook, Word and PowerPoint that converts speech to text using the state-of-the-art speech recognition behind Cortana and Microsoft Translator.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Jun 22, 2017
  3. bil1963 Win User
    cortana disabled by enabling windows speech

fixed. I had also downloaded 'dictate' from Microsoft garage. Once I enabled that from within Word, Cortana came back.

bil1963, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Garage Releases Office Add-in AI-Enabled "Dictate"

1. Microsoft Garage Releases Office Add-in AI-Enabled "Dictate" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Garage Releases

2. Windows in 2024: Microsoft working on AI-focused Windows release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows in 2024: Microsoft working on AI-focused Windows release: Rumors about a new version of Windows that Microsoft plans to release in 2024 have been around for some time. A report by Windows Central suggests that Microsoft plans to launch an Ai-focused Windows in 2024 to the public. Microsoft changed the release cycle of Windows...
  3. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: Using Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders am I able to drag and drop an application like Adobe Photoshop from one computer to the other?If not, am I able to use zoom on computer 1 to screen share my application on computer 2 via Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders?Thank...
  4. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: Using Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders am I able to drag and drop an application like Adobe Photoshop from one computer to the other?If not, am I able to use zoom on computer 1 to screen share my application on computer 2 via Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders?Thank...
  5. add microsoft office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add microsoft office: how do I add microsoft office to Kindle? Tried the address I use to transfer docs and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-microsoft-office/8f36c643-8fc4-41a5-a218-e342eef3ad56
  6. Build 2019: AI in Microsoft 365 and Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Build 2019: AI in Microsoft 365 and Office 365: Writing requires a dash of uniquely human creativity. Artificial intelligence alone cannot do it for us, at least not very well. But AI can – and already is – helping us do things like make sure we spell words correctly and use correct grammar, through the myriad ways it is...
  7. How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?: Hi I cannot enable macros on a word document. I have changed the macros setting, but nothing changed. Should I change the security setting on my computer? If so, please instruct how to do that. [Original Title: Macros]...
  8. Is there a Timeout period In garage dictate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a Timeout period In garage dictate: Sometimes when I'm dictating in garage dictate,It stops working.Then I Restart Garage DictateAnd I'm right back in business. Is there a Timeout period In garage dictate That might be causing this ?...
  9. Microsoft Garage releases Email Insights

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Garage releases Email Insights: [img] Email is a big part of modern life, especially for business, but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy. While some super sleuths are able to quickly find what they need in previous messages, the rest of us mere mortals have a harder time digging through our inbox for...
  10. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders: How to: Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders When I was using Windows 7 I used Mouse without Borders, After updating to Windows 8 I forgot all about it Now that I am running Windows 10 I have found it again and it works great. What is Mouse without Borders Mouse...