Windows 10: Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build

Discus and support Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier in the day we reported that Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Build 17704 for Fast and Skip Ahead Insiders. The latest build brought many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build

Earlier in the day we reported that Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Build 17704 for Fast and Skip Ahead Insiders. The latest build brought many new features to Microsoft Edge, a new Skype app and also new improvements to the Privacy section of Windows 10.

With the latest build Microsoft has made sure that they are concerned with the Privacy of their users and have rolled out the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer.

The Diagnostic Data Viewer gives info of the data which is being collected by Microsoft and the Redmond Giant allows the Windows 10 users the option to see Problem Reports like crashes and bugs reported by the Insiders for Microsoft to work on.

Windows 10 users will be able to get details like the application or component which has created the bug report along with the time as to when the report was generated and sent to the Redmond Giant.

Microsoft has proved earlier also that they are committed towards improving the privacy experience of Windows 10 users and this update is expected to provide users with the much wanted proof.

The Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer is expected to be made available for all Windows 10 users once Redstone 5 is available for download this fall. Microsoft in a note explains: “Our promise to upholding the highest standards of privacy will continue to be a top concern. When you use our products and services, we want you to feel confident that having great experiences and features does not mean sacrificing your privacy. It’s your device. You deserve to know what’s happening on it,”.

Microsoft has been criticized on lot of occasions during the making of Windows 10 for collecting users data without proper authorization and hence has now decided to give Windows 10 users full control of the data they send to Microsoft server’s.

Microsoft is expected to bring in more privacy improvements to the feature in upcoming builds before the public launch of Redstone 5 at the end of this year.

The post Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018

2. Microsoft Sued Over WGA Privacy Issues

Most people would think that Microsoft has had enough trouble with WGA in the past. It seems to not even phase pirating, and recently locked legitimate users out of Windows temporarily. However, a student at Beijing University in China wants to add "spies on legitimate users" to that list. He installed WGA on his XP SP2 computer, and according to some, he did this without knowing what exactly what WGA did. The student's lawsuit focuses on the idea that Microsoft's anti-piracy measure is a violation of privacy. Microsoft stands firm in their claim that WGA is non-invasive, and only checks on core parts of the operating system.

Source: Neowin

zekrahminator, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Thanks for replying Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build :)

I did all the steps listed, but as shown in the screenshot above there is no Microphone Boost slider to modify. And in the "Custom" tab the Microphone Boost box is check-marked so I have no idea why its not showing.

_Daniel_S_, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Nitesh Win User

Update Windows 10 to the latest build on Dell Vostro 3550

On my Dell Vostro 3550, I have updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and then finally to Windows 10 when it was launched. I have noticed recently that my machine is not running the latest build and is still running build 10240 which I believe is the release build.

I have tried fixing Windows update errors and updating the system to latest build, but every time it fails without giving much insight to the error. I have checked Dell Website and this model is not listed for November update here.

I want to know if someone has succeeded in updating to Windows 10 on this model and if yes, what steps can I follow to do the same. If the answer is No, please guide me with other available options.

Nitesh, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft gives users Privacy the much needed boost in latest build - Similar Threads - Microsoft users Privacy

2. Microsoft Store is getting a much needed boost (and ads)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store is getting a much needed boost (and ads): During Build 2022, Microsoft highlighted some of the improvements that it plans to roll out to the virtual Microsoft Store. The Store, which the company introduced in Windows 8 and refined in Windows 10, has seen ups and downs since its first release. [IMG] source: Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft is giving Windows on ARM a much-needed boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is giving Windows on ARM a much-needed boost: ARM-powered devices running Windows 10 are now slowly coming to the market after the tech giant announced the platform in 2017. Windows 10 on ARM is a pretty big deal and it’s basically designed for ARM-based hardware (Snapdragon), with next-generation devices from the likes...
  4. Need Help Understanding Microsoft Processor Performance Turbo/Boost Modes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Understanding Microsoft Processor Performance Turbo/Boost Modes: I'm buying an ASUS TUF A15 gaming laptop with an RTX 2060 for college. I've read reports that this computer runs pretty hot, and the easiest way to solve that is by disabling turbo mode via this fix. However, after I do this, the power plan settings provide 7 possible options...
  5. New optimizations boost performance in Microsoft Edge preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    New optimizations boost performance in Microsoft Edge preview builds: Starting with Microsoft Edge build 81.0.389.0 on 64-bit Windows 10, we’ve enabled new toolchain optimizations that should provide a substantial performance improvement in general browsing workloads. We’ve measured an up to 13% performance improvement...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - needs quality boost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - needs quality boost: So I have brought 4 of these keyboards - that how much I like it, and that's how bad the build quality is xD. I love the design, but the build quality is so bad that they get break easily. I hoped they would upgrade their best keyboard with better quality and better materials...
  7. Latest build problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest build problems: I have been having some issues that I wanted to share about the latest build to help possible get some insight into what's happening. So I'll start off by saying my PC isnt the best but it is fair, and I know the GPU and CPU are not a problem as they performed well on...
  8. Microsoft really need to give hotmail users option to have skype on their hotmail or not.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft really need to give hotmail users option to have skype on their hotmail or not.: Microsoft have enough money in the bank to give better options to its users truth is it is extremely hard and if not impossible to remove skype from hotmail. You check your emails everyday through hotmail your logged into skype. Microsoft can easily fix this and give user...
  9. Old game needs a boost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game needs a boost?: So I'm playing International Cricket Captain 2006 (partly for nostalgia's sake) on my Win10 installation, and it's running very very slow - mouse clicks take multiple seconds to register, for example. In the past had the same issue with both iterations of StarCraft, and I've...
  10. Latest Win10 build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 build?: I am not a MS "insider" and have just received the below update. Is this the latest version? [img] 40351