Windows 10: Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tomorrow, millions of Windows 7 and 8 users will be availing their free upgrade to Windows 10 and it seems that in order to mitigate server load and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10

Read more: Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10

And - Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Download - Windows 10 Forums

How to Upgrade to Windows 10

[youtube]Mnc48BVZqrs[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Jul 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 didn't load properly

I am on a page and my computer will shut down and say that windows 10 hasn't loaded properly, this happens several times a day. This has begun since the last windows upgrade approx. a week ago

jimmymcphee, Jul 27, 2015
  3. JoeSailor Win User
    Win10 Activation Error (from Win7) Error 0xC004C003

As I wipe my hard drive and begin the Win7 clean install, there are a couple of comments to make regarding the above recommendation's:

The install disk is a Microsoft product, not a system restore disk from a computer manufacturer (i.e. Dell) that also has tons of apps pre-loaded (including trial versions of AV software). This is strictly the MS Windows OS install disk with nothing but
    the MS products. I did a search and found no other apps loaded to include Norton or McAffee.

I have begun the disk format and re-install. I did question not connect to the internet as this would be required to activate Win7 (I would think), but I will continue as advised to see the outcome. More later.

JoeSailor, Jul 27, 2015
  4. bagavan Win User

Nothing for me as well

bagavan, Jul 27, 2015
  5. AMGPilot Win User
    I have a dual boot setup with separate hard drives for Windows 7 and Windows 10. Left my machine running in Windows 10 last night and there were no changes but I rebooted this morning to Windows 7 and checked for updates. There was a small recommended update that I installed (KB2952664).

About an hour later I came back to the PC and noticed that it had downloaded a large amount of data (I use Du Meter to show my download speeds). I checked for the BT Folder and it was there. I checked the properties of the folder and it was 5.98 GB *Shock Fortunately I have Verizon FIOS 75/75 package and my download speeds can reach around 87 Mbps so it didn't take long to download all of that data.

Is this the folder they are talking about? According to the properties it was created July 10th. Guess I had not checked for the folder before today.

Here are a couple of screen shots of the folder and files:

Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10 [​IMG]

Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10 [​IMG]

AMGPilot, Jul 27, 2015
  6. It doesn't appear that I have this folder as of yet.

BrownianMotion, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Turn on those Windows 7 and 8.1 computers!! There's a hidden folder that appeared today $windows-BT (- should be a tilda but none available here). Look down the content list under Sources in the folder and you'll see the ESD file once it loads - around 3GB. I have three computers to work with - 2 were Insider Program and 1 (my daughter's) is not, but they all got the download.

I got the heads up from another website that announced the start of the downloads. You cannot install until that last bit of code arrives tomorrow however - supposed to be tonight after midnight (Eastern Standard Time)

Floridagal, Jul 27, 2015
  8. vivski Win User

Windows Update tried to download, (and install?), this update before 9am, British Summer Time, but the process failed and there seems to be no way to retry it at the moment by checking for updates. Maybe I go to the back of the queue if there is a failed update.

Well it seems that Update tried again to download this update, and failed again on my desktop computer. Nothing so far on either of my laptops.

Viv

vivski, Jul 27, 2015
  9. sgage Win User
    I got the full download to my 7 Home Premium system, but nothing yet to my 8.1 Pro system.

sgage, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Sandman Win User
    Checking for updates on 8.1 is SLOW right now. Something's going on.

Sandman, Jul 27, 2015
  11. Sandman Win User
    And after a small important update, I have 8 more optional ones...although they are all labeled security.

Sandman, Jul 27, 2015
  12. swarfega Win User
    I have the BT folder now, waiting patiently until I'm told I can use it.

swarfega, Jul 27, 2015
  13. groze Win User

Nothing here either. I had my computer on for awhile.

groze, Jul 27, 2015
  14. rezpower Win User
    I got the update also downloaded to my computer. The folder size is 4.05 GB (4,352,534,553 bytes) and contains 2,303 Files, 252 Folders.
    Seems windows update tired to install it few times but message says install failed. So apparently files are there and ready but install should be ok after 29th. I made an iso from the file already and I wonder if I could just go with the install using the iso?!

This is build info from the iso: ImageInfo=Client|Professional|10.0.10240.16384.0|9|en-US

rezpower, Jul 27, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Have you ticked "Show Hidden Files"? At first when I heard about it, I looked all over and couldn't find it. Then it dawned on me to go to view and show hidden*Redface

Cliff S, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft has begun pre-loading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft has begun

2. How to downgraed pre loaded windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to downgraed pre loaded windows 10 to windows 7: Hi Folks,can you help me to downgraded pre-loaded windows 10 to window 7, recently we have purchased new machines of Dell OptiPlex 3000 tower PC, I have tried to change the BIOS setting secure boot is disabled and ACHI is enabled after this started to install windows 7 using...
  3. How to downgraed pre loaded windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgraed pre loaded windows 10 to windows 7: Hi Folks,can you help me to downgraded pre-loaded windows 10 to window 7, recently we have purchased new machines of Dell OptiPlex 3000 tower PC, I have tried to change the BIOS setting secure boot is disabled and ACHI is enabled after this started to install windows 7 using...
  4. How to downgraed pre loaded windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pre owned windows 10 has bitlocker on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre owned windows 10 has bitlocker on: Hi there, i have bought a lenovo p51s with windows 10 installed on it. It has a bitlocker encryption on and the seller says he doesnt know about the key. I have very important data in it. Please guide what to do to get it unlock....
  6. pre-launching and pre-loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pre-launching and pre-loading: Last week I disabled pre-launching and pre-loading by editing the registry so CCleaner could fully clean Edge. This week both features have been re-enabled and I cannot get to the proper area in the registry to make the same editing entries. Can anybody help with this issue?...
  7. Windows 10 Blue Loading Circle Help - No pre-loaded Software Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blue Loading Circle Help - No pre-loaded Software Desktop: Hi all, I know there are a few discussions regarding this (Blue Loading Circle Flashing mouse) but I am presented with a unique problem I believe or perhaps not... On my HP Laptop I had this problem - easy SOLVE with the HP Simple Pass however I have this problem again...
  8. Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..: Earlier today, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be released at the end of July on the 29th. In the FAQ's that the company posted about the release, we are learning a bit more about the process. Microsoft is going to pre-load the OS on to your machine ahead of the...
  9. Microsoft Surface Hub has begun shipping to business customers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Hub has begun shipping to business customers: Our Surface team is incredibly passionate about helping people be more productive. We live and breathe this mission every day. One thing that we believe very, very deeply is that the best work is done by teams. People who get together, challenge each other, and work...
  10. How to stop pre loading of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop pre loading of Windows 10?: I have two OS, Win10 and Win 7. Whenever i start my pc, it has started booting Win10 for 1 min and then asked me which OS you want to choose, if i choose Win 7, pc again restart and then it started booting Win7, this whole process time machine took around 3-4 minutes. How can...