Windows 10: Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App

Discus and support Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Within the past 2 weeks or so (more than likely tied to the last Windows 10 update), I can no longer use my Epson device for scanning with the Epson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenjaminKlein, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App

Within the past 2 weeks or so (more than likely tied to the last Windows 10 update), I can no longer use my Epson device for scanning with the Epson Scan App.

This comes after 9+ years of using this App with both Windows 7 and 10. When I try to scan, the process is blocked by a Microsoft message saying I "have insufficient privileges to assign folders as destination for scanned files". I spent more than an hour talking to Epson about this issue. Clearly, Microsoft has changed a security setting. As a work-around, we tried "Windows Scan" and it worked. It's very awkward and fails to take advantage of the great Epson features, but at least I can scan a document. I wonder if other printer/scanner manufacturers are encountering the same issue?

:)

BenjaminKlein, Aug 2, 2018

2. Unable to connect the scanner of Epson Workforce 435 Windows 10.

Since downloading Windows 10 I am unable to connect to the scanner of my Epson Workforce 435. It says it is unable to find the scanner even though the printing side of the Workforce 435 is OK.

Old title: Epson Workforce 435.

RayLougheed, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Dude Win User
    Dude, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App

Unable to connect the scanner of Epson Workforce 435 Windows 10.

I have done everything including uninstalling all Epson software and reinstalling. The Epson scan utility, "Cannot communicate with the scanner." However, if I install the EPSONCDEA6B (WorkForce 435) driver from Devices and Printers, that is, Microsoft drivers,
    it will scan, though only save images--JPEG, etc.).

I need the flexibility of the Epson software. It's their Twain 32 driver, not Microsoft. However, that's a deal breaker. I'll have to revert to WIndows 7.

HerbFoster, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App

1. Microsoft has killed my Epson Workforce 610 Scanner App - Similar Threads - Microsoft has killed

2. Epson Workforce 500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Workforce 500: Hello, I get error 43 when trying to print with my Epson Workforce 500. It says that my USB is not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-workforce-500/de9c0b4e-10f5-4710-b9cb-9b7d7114cddc
  3. Epson Workforce Pro WF 3270

Epson Workforce Pro WF 3270: HI I have a Epson Workforce Pro WF 3270 and the scanner says connect to a device i have wireless pl. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-workforce-pro-wf-3270/80fd5cf1-983d-4a83-88d4-1df5ea65088e
  4. Epson Workforce 320 printer - not connecting

Epson Workforce 320 printer - not connecting: I have attempted to use my Epson Workforce 320 printer with me HP computer using windows 10 home edition. I continue to get a "unable to connect" message. I have followed all of the troubleshoots, updates and device checks. I've tried removing the device from the computer,...
  5. windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to...

windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to...: windows 10 does not recognise my scanner (Epson workforce 845) after the last update to Build 19013vb-release 191025-1609, it was working before the, I tried everything reinstall, update drivers ….ect......
  6. Epson WorkForce WF-3530 scanner options will not show 'adf' only 'flatbed'.

Epson WorkForce WF-3530 scanner options will not show 'adf' only 'flatbed'.: Epson WorkForce WF-3530 scanner options will not show 'adf' only 'flatbed'. I can only scan individual sheets which is driving me mad. I have tried reinstalling the scanner, the scanner suite, and restarted et al. I am usinfWindows Fax and Scan. Is there not an Epson...
  7. My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...

My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...: My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine, but it gives me a "communication Error" when trying to use the scanner. The driver is current and it is connected to a USB 2.0 port on my Dell Inspiron 3640....
  8. Epson Workforce 2750

Epson Workforce 2750: Hello, Can anyone advise on how I can set up an Epson Workforce printer? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/epson-workforce-2750/2c726803-a91e-4ccc-956b-d46486c28fff
  9. HOW TO REGSTRATOR MY EPSON WORKFORCE WF 3640

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO REGSTRATOR MY EPSON WORKFORCE WF 3640: HOW DO I REGISTRATER MY EPSON WORKFORCE WF 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-to-regstrator-my-epson-workforce-wf-3640/b8110f84-6d5d-45a2-b7f2-afd942ad8485
  10. Epson Workforce 645 Quit Printing

Epson Workforce 645 Quit Printing: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer after reading the queries and answers at Printer won't print.. My printer still will not print; the message I always receive is, "print spooler is not running," or words to that effect. I have been working on correcting this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to Use my Epson 610 using Epson Scanm