Windows 10: Microsoft has not fixed the preview pane bug?

Discus and support Microsoft has not fixed the preview pane bug? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The bug I'm talking about is that you can't delete files (mostly PDF) when the preview pane is active. It says that the file is already in use. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Sep 16, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Microsoft has not fixed the preview pane bug?

The bug I'm talking about is that you can't delete files (mostly PDF) when the preview pane is active.
    It says that the file is already in use.

I am just wondering.. aren't their software engineers working with Windows as well and noticed that annoying bug? *Biggrin That's the first thing I'd fix if I was there *Tongue

:)

mibaup, Sep 16, 2015

2. Preview pane not working for documents in windows 10

Videos don't appear as videos in the preview pane on Windows 10. Therefore, they cannot be played in the preview pane as they could be on Windows 7. Has Microsoft decided to disable that feature? If not, how can it be restored?

KathyGreen, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Can't Delete File Because of Preview Pane in Windows 10

Yes, you can just close the Preview Pane and that fixes the problem most of the time. Maybe MS really believes that selecting the file (so it displays in the Preview Pane) makes it "open". I disagree.

My Preview Pane previews .jpg, .png, .docx, .pdf, and other image or image-related formats in addition to font formats. I can delete those different kinds of images while previewing them, but I can't delete a font until I close Preview Pane. I've known how
    to work around this bug since Windows 7, but it took me awhile to realize the problem was the Preview Pane.

Microsoft should have fixed this by now. If they allowed commoners like me to submit bugs, I wouldn't be posting here.

Kenneth Benson, Sep 16, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've just deleted a pdf file which I could see in the preview pane..

dalchina, Sep 16, 2015
  5. mibaup Win User
    Weird, I wasn't able to do that since I had Windows 8 *sarc

*Edit: Did you delete it permanently? I mean Shift+Delete? Because if so, it does work, but just delete won't work

mibaup, Sep 17, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just simple deletion.. I copied a pdf to my desktop, opened explorer, went to desktop, opened the preview pane, selected the file, view shown in the preview pane, press 'delete' - gone.

I noted a little discussion on this in a quick search; what you could try out of interest is downloading and installing a program called 'IOBIT Unlockit' - easy to find.

With a pdf open in the preview pane, rt click on the file, click IOBIT Unlockit and see what it says.

However given that you can shift delete it, I doubt it will tell you anything.
    Interestingly, when I rt clicked the pdf the preview pane then said
    'This file can't be previewed because it is in use'!

dalchina, Sep 20, 2015
  7. vijer Win User
    I have to open task manager and kill the process that is supporting the view, Word, Excel, Nitro, etc. Terrible implementation. Not to mention I can't get PDFs to preview no matter what I do.

vijer, Dec 14, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft has not fixed the preview pane bug? - Similar Threads - Microsoft has fixed

2. The preview pane has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The preview pane has suddenly stopped working: This is for Onedrive using Explorer. Sorry, I can't send a screenshot because there is nothing to show. Yes, file preview is selected. Yes, I have a fast internet connection. It works using the app Files, but the preview is blurry. It is quite worrying because it was working...
  3. The preview pane has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The preview pane has suddenly stopped working: This is for Onedrive using Explorer. Sorry, I can't send a screenshot because there is nothing to show. Yes, file preview is selected. Yes, I have a fast internet connection. It works using the app Files, but the preview is blurry. It is quite worrying because it was working...
  4. Windows Preview Pane Has No Previews. Standard Fixes Not Effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Preview Pane Has No Previews. Standard Fixes Not Effective: The usual recommendations for not seeing file previews in the Windows Preview Pane have not worked in this situation. Additional knowhow needed. Windows Version 1903. OS Build 18362.1082 Below are the usual recommendations in online articles and forums about this. I HAVE DONE...
  5. Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane: No matter what I choose, the preview pane does not show pictures of the document I have selected. It only says "No preview available" in the preview box. Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/aeb62ac5-d06a-4d4f-8f37-b50320e89cd0
  6. Microsoft has to fix another bug folks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft has to fix another bug folks: Looks like yet another out-of-band patch coming our way to fix this bug. Most likely will be rushed out the door and cause more breakage across the user' sphere. Microsoft says hackers are attacking Windows users with a new unpatched bug...
  7. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  8. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Using Windows explorer plus Preview pane is causing files to be locked\read only. Is there a fix for this yet? apart from disabling PP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/9b6d0ce9-e586-4c31-a667-249e00efaf31"
  9. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Every time I click on a video file the preview pane continues to display the picture of the first file selected. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/941ab2da-c3c7-4d1a-a6e7-af795f391919"
  10. preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    preview pane: I can't see .PDFs in Preview pane any more. I can see Word,text and others. 112001

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nitro preview pane settings in windows

2. repair microsoft app-v preview handler

3. bug fix microsoft app-v preview handler preview pane