Windows 10: Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES)

Discus and support Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm a bit stumped over this one. I'm trying to create a hotspot, but I'm getting this error: The hosted network couldn't be started. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IAmScore, Mar 18, 2016.

1. IAmScore Win User

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES)

Hey guys, I'm a bit stumped over this one. I'm trying to create a hotspot, but I'm getting this error:

The hosted network couldn't be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

I've followed numerous troubleshooting threads about the issue, and the problem seems to be that I'm missing the driver for the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter. It doesn't appear in the device manager at all (I did check hidden items).

I am able to create the hotspot in the command prompt, but get the above error when running it. I thought I had something with this thread, but unlike that user, my wireless adapter DOES support hosted networks (at least according to netsh.

I'm at a loss.

:)

IAmScore, Mar 18, 2016

2. Windows automatically restarting showing WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Already tried out that. But the problem is
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in my PC. I think it only appears when Hosted Network Supported: Yes.

Joseph V. Michael, Mar 18, 2016
  3. how to install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Problem:

1. When I want to create WIFI hotpot by windows 10, there is the problem for missing Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter.

2. In the Device Manager, the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is uninstalled (I can't find it by view hidden).

3. When I try to find the driver from Microsoft Driver community, I can't find, it doesn't exit here.

Question:

How to install the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter manually or automatically?

Jiaqi_Zhang, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES)

Same problem here... have you been able to find a solution?

ConquerTheNight, Jul 3, 2016
  5. IAmScore Win User
    None at all. As far as I can tell, it's a driver issue. I've pretty much given up for now.

IAmScore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES)

1. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing (Supported: YES) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hosted Network

2. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing in Device Manager of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing in Device Manager of Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter helps you turn on or off virtual Wi-Fi or wireless network on your Windows 10 computer. However, if you cannot find it or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in Device Manager, here is how you can show or enable...
  3. Cant install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install microsoft hosted network virtual adapter: basically when i install it, its says code 10 could not start my laptop is the HP 245 G7 Notebook PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-microsoft-hosted-network-virtual/03bab3bd-cf75-4421-84ae-11667b62cb2c
  4. "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, Hosted network...

"Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, Hosted network...: 1. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, 2. Hosted network support: No in the Command Prompt, and 3. Hotspot not working. May I ask Who is still experiencing these kinds of problems? It seems this occurred right after your Windows got...
  5. Hosted Network Supported is No, and I need it to be Yes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hosted Network Supported is No, and I need it to be Yes: Hello, I moved to Germany and have been using a VPN network to get American TV shows, and then creating a mobile hotspot on my laptop to connect to a Google Chromecast dongle. I left Germany for a few months, and when I came back all of the sudden I was unable to connect...
  6. Missing Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Missing Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter: I've been trying to create a mobile hotspot using my PC so I can connect other devices, but have run into an issue: the Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is missing from the Device manager. My version of windows is the latest, last checked for updates as per a few...
  7. 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' does not exist in network adapter tree

'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' does not exist in network adapter tree: Hello, I have tried finding a solution to finding a driver download for this virtual network adapter but there is none except for the 2007 version. I checked the hidden devices, enabled internet sharing through my ethernet connection, and I cannot enable my personal wifi...
  8. Missing the "Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter" driver

Missing the "Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter" driver: After I found that I found that I was missing the "Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter" in my device manager, even when I enabled hidden devices which leaves me at a bit of a dead end. Is there anything I can do or is my PC unable to start a mobile hotspot? 87542
  9. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing: hello , the title pretty much says it all. i cant create a virtual wifi network using this command netsh wlan start hostednetwork (the "set" command works) the solution is to enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter which is missing , and yes i tried to show...
  10. Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled: The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine): netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME...