Windows 10: Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs

Discus and support Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 April 2018 Update is buggy on some hardware and it has been troublesome for quite a while now. Microsoft recently discovered a bug in Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs

Windows 10 April 2018 Update is buggy on some hardware and it has been troublesome for quite a while now. Microsoft recently discovered a bug in Intel SSDs and the company has now acknowledged that a bug is also affecting devices that are equipped with Toshiba SSDs. The company is working with Toshiba and the fix will be deployed in the coming weeks.

In the meanwhile, Microsoft has blocked Windows 10 April 2018 Update on PCs with affected Toshiba SSDs. Microsoft confirmed that the PCs running Windows 10 April 2018 Update with Toshiba SSDs could see lower battery life and it might experience other issues.

The PCs that are equipped with Toshiba SSDs could also notice degraded performance and similar issues after installing Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The bug only affects Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series, and Toshiba BG3 SSDs.

As noted above, Microsoft and Toshiba are currently working together to identify the bug and the fix could be deployed soon. Microsoft is also blocking the Windows 10 April 2018 Update on such devices to avoid the widespread of the bug.

Microsoft is not aware of any such issues on other SSD models from Toshiba, so the same issue might not affect other SSD models from the company.

“Microsoft is working with OEM partners and Toshiba to identify and block devices with Toshiba XG5 Series or Toshiba BG3 Series solid state disk (SSD) from installing the April 2018 Update due to a known incompatibility that may cause battery performance issues,” the company explained.

Microsoft hasn’t published any workaround to deal with battery and performance issues. If you’ve upgraded your PC to the latest version of Windows 10 and your device is impacted by this bug then you may need to return to the previous Windows 10 version.

It might take a couple of weeks for Microsoft to deliver flawless performance in the April update, and in case you are experiencing similar issues, here’s how you can remove the update and downgrade your device to the previous version of the OS.

• Open the Settings app from Start menu.
    • Navigate to Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
    • Click the Get started button to begin the process.

Fortunately, Microsoft is working with Toshiba to address the reported issues and the fix will be included in the next cumulative update.

The post Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2018
  2. Lonnie_L Win User

Devices with Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series or Toshiba BG3 Series solid state disk (SSD) drives may experience degraded battery life after upgrading to Windows 10 April 2018 Update

After upgrading to Window 10 April 2018 Update, select devices with Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series or Toshiba BG3 Series solid state disk (SSD) drives may exhibit lower battery life.

Microsoft is working with OEM partners and Toshiba to identify and block devices with Toshiba XG5 Series or Toshiba BG3 Series solid state disk (SSD) from installing the April 2018 Update due to a known incompatibility that may cause battery performance
    issues.

Microsoft estimates the release date for the resolution for this issue to be available in early June.

If you have encountered this issue and cannot wait for the resolution, follow the steps to

Go back to your previous version of Windows
    , and wait for the resolution before attempting to install the April 2018 Update again.

Lonnie_L, May 16, 2018
  3. Lonnie_L Win User
    Devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series may crash and enter a UEFI screen after reboot when upgrading to Windows 10 April 2018 Update

When attempting to upgrade to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, select devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series may crash and enter a UEFI screen after reboot.

Microsoft is working with OEM partners and Intel to identify and block devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series from installing the April 2018 Update due to a know incompatibility that may cause performance
    and stability issues. If you have encountered this issue, follow the steps to
    reinstall the previous operating system
    (Windows 10, version 1709).

Microsoft is currently working on a resolution that will allow the April 2018 Update on these devices in the near future.

Lonnie_L, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs

1. Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Toshiba SSDs - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocking April

2. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: The install finishes but then leaves a white screen - I do not believe it is the white screen of death as there is a menu in the top left corner. It is asks several questions such as voice activation etc but the problem is that there is NO way out of that screen and I have to...
  3. windows update April 2018

windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  4. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices: Windows 10 October 2018 Update still has some compatibility issues and Microsoft is blocking it on affected devices to ensure a smooth user experience. Today, yet another bug affecting Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been acknowledged by Microsoft which forced the company...
  5. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: I am an American temporarily in Greece and am trying to load the New Windows 10 Update from April 2018. This update is taking several hours. Also, my screen seems to be stuck between the"Hi" and "this may take a few minutes" screens. Could this be because I am in a...
  6. Win 10 2018 April Update

Win 10 2018 April Update: I have 2 failed attempts for Win 10 April update with error code 0xc1900101 The last attempt was on 11 July 2018. Since then I have tried The Update Assisstant 4 times. Need help to resolve this without upgrading...
  7. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  8. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs: Available since April 30 as a manual download, the highly-anticipated Windows 10 April 2018 Update is far from being a flawless feature update on some systems. The report indicates that Windows 10 version 1803 is causing a number of issues on some hardware configuration, with...
  9. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...
  10. Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Intel SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on some Intel SSDs: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update as a manual download and since then quite a lot of users rushed to upgrade their devices. It’s quite easy to upgrade any computer as the April 2018 Update is available on Windows Update with a manual check. Microsoft...