Windows 10: Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus

Discus and support Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While the experience with Windows 10 April 2018 Update on the majority of devices has been smooth and flawless, but we’re seeing the reports of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 24, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus

While the experience with Windows 10 April 2018 Update on the majority of devices has been smooth and flawless, but we’re seeing the reports of the update bricking some computers.

The report indicates that the systems with Avast Antivirus solution have experienced a blank desktop with no icons after upgrading to Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) and the reports have increased significantly in the last couple of days.

Both Microsoft and Avast are investigating the problem, and it’s not yet known why and how Avast antivirus might have broken down compatibility with Windows 10 version 1803. Microsoft told us that they are investigating the reports.

Yesterday, Avast product manager, Martin on their company’s forum shared that Microsoft has started to block the Windows 10 April 2018 Update on systems with Avast antivirus solution.

“Microsoft temporarily disabled the updates on version 1803 on PCs with Avast. We are working together with MS to find out the cause of this issue, but unfortunately right now neither MS nor us are able to reproduce the issue,” he said.

The post Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 24, 2018

2. Windows Startup - Avast Premiun Antivirus

Dear All Friends,

Greetings for the day...

Here I would like to ask about the performance of Avast Premium Antivirus on Windows 10 PC. Recently I have installed Avast Premium Antivirus on my new laptop (ASUS ROG GL551). It has been noticed that after installing the antivirus, windows takes 10-15
    more seconds to get start and the main reason for my enquiry is because, HDD makes a physical sound (like scratching) while loading the desktop; especially to get the system tray icons. And the avast icon comes after loading all the icons in the system tray.

Have you ever noticed such problem or is that the issue with Avast Antivirus to the Microsoft Delayed Start...

Requesting your suggestions and opinion.

Jesson T Varghese, May 29, 2018
  3. RickCP Win User
    Do Avast Free Antivirus compatible with Windows 10 Pro?

That's a question for
    Avast Support
    , but see:
    Will Avast be compatible with Windows 10?

In short, ensuring that Avast is compatible with Windows 10 is quite simple. Avast version V2015 R2 and newer are already compatible with Windows 10. Users who currently have V2015 R2 or newer installed and plan to update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10
    will automatically have Avast transferred to Windows 10 at the same time.

For users currently using older versions of Avast, it's highly recommended to update your Avast product
    prior to updating to Windows 10 to ensure an easy, hassle-free transition.

Related information to include:

-
    Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

- Microsoft Windows 10 (Important notes section) Specifications page:

Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.-

• For antimalware applications, Windows will check to see if your antimalware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
    • If the antimalware application is compatible and current, your application will be preserved during the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • If the antimalware application is incompatible, Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, if your antimalware provider has informed Microsoft that it has made a compatible version available for your
      active subscription, Windows will notify you to install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade.
    • If your antimalware subscription is not current (expired),
      Windows will uninstall your application and enable Windows Defender.
    Also:

• Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to the upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the 'Get Windows 10 app' will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept
      and the applications will be removed from the system prior to the upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.
    Would finally suggest not to rush into Win10 immediately. Hope this helps.

RickCP, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus

1. Microsoft is blocking Windows 10 version 1803 on PCs with Avast Antivirus - Similar Threads - Microsoft blocking version

2. Avast, the worst antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, the worst antivirus: Avast is the worstsoftware i had ever seen........ it has two versions - one isfree version and the other is the paid version. If you go for the paid version, then it will work absoulutely fine. But if for the free, it will make your laptop or pc the worst. Your system...
  3. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  4. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...
  5. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  6. Block Windows version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Block Windows version 1803: I am running Windows 10 version 1709. My PC is not compatible for a successful upgrade to version 1803 and I would assume if 1803 repeatedly fails installing than version 1809 is probably out of the question. How can I block my computer from continually trying to upgrade to...
  7. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  8. Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus: Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) isn’t free of all the bugs, and the new version of the operating system has ended up breaking machines or brought some compatibility issues. Avast recently acknowledged a compatibility issue with Windows 10 version 1803 and their...
  9. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  10. Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Latest version of Avast Antivirus: Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released [img] Information WHQL Version: 17.7.2314 (free version) Release Date: October 4th 2017 Release Notes What's new: - New Webcam Shield stops hackers from hijacking your webcam to spy on you (Premier only) -...